Home Health & Wellbeing
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨

Hair colouring 'n' stuff

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
When I go to the hairdressers I normally just get a cut and blow dry but this time I have decided to get it cut and coloured. Anyway because Ive never had to ask for colour treatment I aint got a clue what to ask for (I normally do it myself).
So what I want is my full head coloured in a browny colour with maybe 2/3 different shades of brown/red tips. So what do I say I want doing, whats the technically name for this :D

Thanks very muchly :)

Comments

• Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    just explain to them what you want in plain english, they'll know what you mean.

if you try to use technical language you might say the wrong thing, or they might misunderstand you and give you a hellish colour :eek:
    when you say "tips" dya mean you have really short hair n you just want the ends doin? or dya mean you want streaks?

if its the latter make sure you tell them if you want lots of thin ones or a few fat ones.
    I think when you go to book it you just ask to have it coloured. Then explain to the colourist what you want. Or find a picture of something similar if you're not good at explaining yourself.

You'll probably have an all-over semi permanent colour. If you mean tips as in the ends dyed, then I think that's just that. Otherwise you'll want highlights/glosslights/lowlights I think. But don't get bogged down with all the terminology, just say 'i want a browny colour with 2 or 3 shades of...' they'll understand!
    Originally posted by lisa simpson's saxophone
    But don't get bogged down with all the terminology, just say 'i want a browny colour with 2 or 3 shades of...' they'll understand!

Thanks I will do that. I wasnt sure wether there was a special name for it.
    Basically I have shortish hair and want something a bit more trendier by adding a bit of colour. So by keeping my natural colour of mid brown and adding 2/3 shades of different colours just to make it stand out a bit more. I dont want just the ends doing, so with me having reddy/brown streaks aren't they called low lites?
    Because hi lights are blonde.......yeah ? oh I get all confuddled, thats why i colour myself at home lol.

Hey kaffrin I could just go pink, that would be easy enough to explain :lol:

Thanks for the help :)
    Originally posted by BeckyBoo
    Hey kaffrin I could just go pink, that would be easy enough to explain :lol:

i think you'd look good with pink actually....

:p
    I replied to this thread but put it in Kaffrin's thread instead :( :mad: And i cant be bothered to copy and paste it :p

But yes, Boo Bucket, your right, they are indeedy called low lights.
    Originally posted by kaffrin
    i think you'd look good with pink actually....

:p

kaffrin, I dont think so...........if i was 20 years younger then maybe :p

Thanks sexpot, so im asking for an all over over semi permament, with red/brown low lites :D
    Thanks sexpot, so im asking for an all over over semi permament, with red/brown low lites :D
    Yes, well, not necessarily semi permenant, but yes if thats what you want :p
    kaffrin, I dont think so...........if i was 20 years younger then maybe :p

you'll find people are so busy staring at your hair they don't notice anything else.
    Originally posted by kaffrin
    you'll find people are so busy staring at your hair they don't notice anything else.

So they wouldn't take notice of my ugly mutt :chin:

Well i will think about it ;)

Sexpot dont confuse me anymore :lol:
    Sexpot dont confuse me anymore :lol:
    Damn. Okaaaaaay :(:p
    I'm in the middle of growing my hair long so I can do somthing with it.

I was thinking of getting a Jamie Oliver style hair cut - long at the back and sides with blonde low-lights on the long strands of hair (if you follow).

What do ya think? Would it be dangerously close to mullet territory?