Home General Chat
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Aged 16-25? Share your experience of using the discussion boards and receive a £25 voucher! Take part via text-chat, video or phone. Click here to find out more and to take part.
Options

The Sims 2

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
edited January 2023 in General Chat
Can anyone comfirm when it is released as I have heard conflicting reports!

Also, are people looking forward to it?

I am, but it makes me very glad that I haven't wasted my money on all of the expansion packs and just borrowed them from my friends!!
Post edited by JustV on

Comments

• Options
    Ive never played it tbh.

I likethe tycoon games though.
  • Options
    What is it?? Like just the same except different name? I got all the expansion packs for the first one 'cept Superstar (which I neeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeed so badly!). I paid like £25 for all but 2 of them I think!!!
  • Options
    Firstly, if you haven't got an answer to what is asked (Jazza Bing) why bother wasting time replying, because you telling people you've never played it butlike Tycoon games is rather pointless!!

Secondly, l'il miss socks, The Sims 2 is not the same but with a different name. It is a game based on the original, but the graphics are far better, there are more jobs, people, things to do, items to gain etc. Furthermore, when two sims have children they look like thair parents, and they grow into adults themselves and move out. I suppose it is a bit more like The Sims for PS2.

* the player can manipulate almost every facial aspect of his/her game characters

* Zoomed in nice and tight, the player's Sims (now fully 3D) take on a meticulously detailed new appearance

* Sims mature through various life-stages (babies, toddlers, children, teens, adults and seniors) and finally die

* The Sims 2 will allow players to construct their own (multi-story) homes, complete with foundations and furnishings. In fact, curved walls and add-ons such as decks will apparently also be making their debuts!
  • Options
    That sounds really good. Think I may well have to make the investment - when it comes out???

I love the Sims. I was looking for it today, but couldn't find it - more reason to buy the new one methinks. Just wonder if my painfully slow computer will be able to take it?
  • Options
    Originally posted by KoolCat
    That sounds really good. Think I may well have to make the investment - when it comes out???

I love the Sims. I was looking for it today, but couldn't find it - more reason to buy the new one methinks. Just wonder if my painfully slow computer will be able to take it?
    I think it needs a computer with quite a high spec. I don't know when it comes out!
    Play.com says November and Amazon.co.uk says March next year!
  • Options
    if it says march next year as a pessimistic view, then expect it in june/july. if it come before, then it'll be a pleasant suprise :)

and by the sounds of it, it's just The Sims, but with a revamped engine, to accomodate all the new graphical updates. Quite frankly, i don't see the point in it. Havn't they squeezed everything out of it yet? I mean, 8 expansion packs for the original?
  • Options
    Originally posted by Dreamer3k
    if it says march next year as a pessimistic view, then expect it in june/july. if it come before, then it'll be a pleasant suprise :)

and by the sounds of it, it's just The Sims, but with a revamped engine, to accomodate all the new graphical updates. Quite frankly, i don't see the point in it. Havn't they squeezed everything out of it yet? I mean, 8 expansion packs for the original?
    I've just pre ordered it on play.com and it says it is released 21st of November this year.

I think the whole point in it is for it to be like The Sims (:rolleyes: ) but with better graphics and more features, that actually is the point!!
  • Options
    Yes, and since I didn't buy any of the expansion packs and have now lost my The Sims CD, might as well wait for the new one eh? ;)
  • Options
    I was speaking to someone the other day and she is mad about sims and she was saying that it doesnt come out until feb. HTH. :)
  • Options
    Re: The Sims 2
    Originally posted by BumbleBee

Also, are people looking forward to it?

fuck yea :D

i'd not heard of it till now, but yay, i'm a sims freak :p i also borrowed alot of the expansion packs from my friends or just downlaoded a whole bunch of extras
  • Options
    I have just found my Sims CD :hyper: Woooooo! :D

Been playing it all day.

I now never, ever, want a baby :impissed:
  • Options
    Originally posted by KoolCat
    I now never, ever, want a baby :impissed:
    LMAO!!
  • Options
    My friend and I had an addiction to it last year. She went as far as imagining those red/green bulbs abover her head whenever she was "good" and ate dinner with her family, or did the dishes.
  • Options
    Feb is the date on gamershell. So I would say after then.