Home Sex & Relationships
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Options

Case of the Ex

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
Hi my problem is my ex boyfriend Tom! we split up because he kept messing me around and neva replied to my txts or answered my calls!
But since we broke up after about 2 weeks he txted me and said he missed me!
I agreed to meet him but we never met because he started ignoring me This has happened about 4 times and everytime i agree to give it another go,he changes his mind and ignores me!
Neway last nite his best mate called me and said could i meet my ex boyfriend next weekend cos my ex boyfriend misses me!
I dont know what to do!
I really like him but he constantly messes me round!
By the way i'm 14 and he is 15!
Please Help!

Comments

• Options
    Looks like your ex is lacking in respect for you.

For a relationship to work, respect for each other is a very important element. One reason why people like to be in a relationship is because he/she wants to feel special, to know he/she is wanted and treasure for. However, in the case of you and your ex, it looks like you're not getting what you deserve.

My advice: If you really like him, tell him about it, and tell him it's a final warning (i.e. give him one more chance). If this then happen again, just go and ditch him. You can do better, you deserve more.

Chatbox
  • Options
    dont go there, he is messing you around and you deserve so much better. a guy treated me like that about 2 months ago, kept finishing with me then wanting me back and i foolishly went bak to him a few times, but in the end i told him where to go and told him i wanted nothing more to do with him. 3 days later he had a new g/f. so basically wot im saying is tell him to f*ck off and go get urself a nice fella who will treat you right. if u go back to him now he'll keep doing the same thing because he knows you'll let him
  • Options
    I agree with shazza. It's not worth it for you to go back. I know that you still have feelings for him, but he obviously has a lot of growing up to do before he can treat you with the kind of respect and common courteousy that you deserve. It is also very selfish that he keeps asking you to meet up with him and then not coming. In my opinion he's doing it just to assure himself that he could still have you back if he wanted. In some way this probably builds up his self-esteem but is entirely unfair to you.

Take a couple minutes and think about what you really want in a guy and in a relationship? Is your ex even close to that description especially considering how poorly he's been treating you?

Keep smiling and remember that you don't deserve to be played with and treated badly.
  • Options
    Sounds like he's takin the 'treat em mean and keep em keen' thing to the extremes. If i were u, i would try and find someone else, because i doubt it'll ever work between u as he's messed u about so much.
    good luck.