Home Sex & Relationships
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Aged 16-25? Share your experience of using the discussion boards and receive a £25 voucher! Take part via text-chat, video or phone. Click here to find out more and to take part.
Options

Man trouble....

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
There's this guy i've known for a while now, he's my ex-boyfriends mate, and up until recently i didnt really think much of him as i hadnt really chatted much with him. Thing is, we got chatting a while back and little by little i started to fall for him. I told him this and he told me he feels the same, but he doesnt want anything to happen between us 'cos he feels he'll be betraying his mate.
I've spoken to my ex about this and he says he'd be totally cool with it, as we werent really together that long anyway, and didnt really get that close. But the lad i like doesnt see it that way.

I understand where he's coming from (one of my friends is living with one of my exes, and at first i found it a little uncomfortable but i got used to it and now i'm fine about it all!), but its so frustrating knowing how he feels and yet i'm unable to do anything about it. We hang out together alot which makes the situation even harder because i see him all the time and its driving me crazy!

I'm sorry to go on so much i just needed to get it out, cos its eating me up inside. I've never felt this strongly about anyone before so i dont know how to deal with it. Deep down i know i should just get over it and move on, but thats easier said than done, especially since i see him so often.

If anyone has any advice on how to get over him, i'd be very grateful, as dont know how much more i can take of this.

Again im sorry to go on, just wanted to get it out of my system and hopefully get some opinions/advice from someone who doesnt know me.

Thanks.

Comments

• Options
    Could there be another reason why he doesn't want to get together?
  • Options
    he wants: action but not a relationship.

woo i win! show me the money honey.