Home General Chat
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Aged 16-25? Share your experience of using the discussion boards and receive a £25 voucher! Take part via text-chat, video or phone. Click here to find out more and to take part.
Options

Temper

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
What's yours like? Do you fly off the handle at the slightest thing? Or are you usually calm and collected about everything?

I very rarely get angry. Maybe it's a side-effect of not being very confident. When I do lose my temper though, I throw a proper 5-year-old style tantrum ;)

Comments

• Options
    Re: Temper
    Originally posted by KoolCat
    When I do lose my temper though, I throw a proper 5-year-old style tantrum ;)

heh, me too.

it's a couple of years since i last got really angry, but i threw toast. at my mum. and she was only trying to help. :blush:

i lose my temper a lot more easily when i'm not feeling great. if i'm happy, i get pissed off, but never really angry.
  • Options
  • Options
    I don't lose my temper easily unless if mum's annoying me. :p But then again I seldom get that angry. And if I do I usually end up crying because I just can't control my emotions. :crazyeyes But that is usually after I get absolutely enraged. But I keep most of it in until I get to be alone, then it ends in tears after some loud growling. :p

And that makes me even more angry. :D
  • Options
    Depends on what's going on with my life, who I'm with, who is annoying me, in what sense they are annoying me, and the time of month.

I tend to either go for sulky 'leave me alone don't talk to me I hate everyone and everything'.

Or.

Angry 'LEAVE ME ALONE DON'T TALK TO ME I HATE EVERYONE AND EVERYTHING :mad::mad::mad::mad:'

Yes. :)
  • Options
    I get angry too easily.

Its kinda getting to be a problem :(
  • Options
    Sometimes I lose my rag too quickly but im trying to not be as ratty :)
  • Options
    I don't get angry very often, and when I do I can control myself
  • Options
    I only get mad if I have not eaten. I think it's blood sugar imbalance that makes me irritable, or something, but I definitely have a worse temper if I'm hungry. The slightest niggling thing can set me off into a mood.

Other than that I'm normally calmish.
  • Options
    I'm intolerant.

Mainly of stupid people. Which can cause a serious loss of temper.

Generally, I'm an angry bastard anyway.

Well, not all the time :p
  • Options
    I'm generally really patient and it takes a lot to wind me up - except where my sister's concerned because she knows exactly how to wind me up but then I just shout at her and tbh my bark is worse than my bite - ie; I'm not that annoyed but I come across as a lot more annoyed than I am and I upset people.

The worst thing about my temper is when I completely lose it I tend to say the things I know are most calculated to hurt whoever it is which I then almost always immediately regret saying.

But in the main I'm really patient and calm and it takes a lot of aggro towards me for me to get annoyed as bad as I've said here.
  • Options
    Im the most placid person I know excep in themornings when im evil. Also if u touch anyone and I mean anyone I love, I go into auto pilot nd proper kick off. I see red and thats it danger time. but thats only co i care.
  • Options
    I am very unbalanced in that point. If I get mad, I get mad, and then it's best if you're out of my way, regardless who you are and where your position is in the whole deal.
  • Options
    I've got a very slow temper. It takes a lot to get me really pissed off. And what usually gets me pissed off is people continually, repeatedly, doing, or saying, the same thing over and over again. Then it builds up. I tend to bottle things as well, rather than talking about them. So if I bottle things up for too long, then I can occasionally have a mad five minutes of blowing off steam. Then I'm back to normal quite quickly - though very, very, embarassed. :( And annoyed at myself for letting myself loose my temper.

Mr_Wobble ;)
  • Options
    if im just pissed off, people will get glares, but if someone does something to offend me, im a bit more of a bitch, when i get angry, i scream then sulk:rolleyes:
  • Options
    Originally posted by paperBprincess
    if im just pissed off, people will get glares, but if someone does something to offend me, im a bit more of a bitch, when i get angry, i scream then sulk:rolleyes:

awww screem N sulk. if someone pisses u off why dont u bitch slap them:)

im very easy piss off or annoy but i just walk away or sit there N take it most of the time.
  • Options
    Originally posted by Rude_boyz
    awww screem N sulk. if someone pisses u off why dont u bitch slap them:)
    because i usually get pissed off at work or school, at work i'd get fired and at school i'd get bitch slapped back about 20 times worse, so thats not really an opition
  • Options
    Originally posted by paperBprincess
    because i usually get pissed off at work or school, at work i'd get fired and at school i'd get bitch slapped back about 20 times worse, so thats not really an opition

mmmmmm i know how ya feel. i dont work anymore but at school you just have to sit there and take it. its awkward i know.
  • Options
    Usually I pretty well fly off the handle at about anything. Especially with people who are rude to me, disrespect me, so on and so on.