Home Health & Wellbeing
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Options

Rant...please indulge me

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
I just need to get this out of my system, I'm crap at telling people close to me how I'm feeling, so sorry to bore you all but I don't know where else to say it. I just went for my hospital appt, and yet again my stupid doctor told me that she can't make a diagnosis, so we just have to see what happens. Easy for her to say. She talked to me for all of, oh, about 3 minutes. I know how she probably feels, like I'm just one of the easy cases, and it's not that important, but it's bloody well important to me. It's important to me when my hands are so sore I can't sit up in bed, it's important to me when my feet are killing me and I can't go out and have fun, it's important to me when the stupid anti-inflammatories I'm taking don't even work but still make me feel like s**t. But maybe I'm just being stupid. Anyway, sorry to rant, just needed to get it off my chest, cos I'm sat at home crying and don't know who to talk to. :(

Comments

• Options
    I had the same thing until they found out what was wrong. Walked around with it for a year or so.
    I still get swellings which can't be explained, and need fluids removed from the knee.

I am really sorry. I know exactly how you feel.

I was wondering if you got swellings as well, and know how to avoid them, btw.
  • Options
    I have a bit of swelling on my wrist, but not sure what causes it or how to avoid it. I've also been told there's some thickening on my hands and wrists, not a clue what that means (I thought she said toughening last time, but apparently it's thickening....still none the wiser!). Thanks for your reply...I've calmed down a bit now, I was so angry and upset when I got back from my appointment, I actually cried in my car all the way home, and swore at the radio! :(
  • Options
    I really do exactly now how you feel.
    Frustrated.

I hope they'll soon find out. Just to put the mind at rest and get forward.
  • Options
    Thanks hun, I appreciate your support. Been out for the evening so I've cheered up a bit. Think I'll go and see my g.p tomorrow, and see about arranging to see another consultant when I go to uni. That way it doesn't look like I'm being rude to my current consultant, I can just say it wasn't convenient to travel all the way home for appointments. I don't like confrontations so I don't want to cause trouble! Thanks again, Tates xxx