Home General Chat
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Aged 16-25? Share your experience of using the discussion boards and receive a £25 voucher! Take part via text-chat, video or phone. Click here to find out more and to take part.
Options

If I ever catch up with....

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
the little fucker who created the blaster.worm/nachi.worm virus it's very possible I'll do them some serious damage.

Just spent the last 3 days working 14 hour shifts trying to clean up our PC's here. And will probably still be busy the rest of this week. :mad:

Bad Points : Haven't been able to talk to you guys :flirt:

Good Points : Taken my mind of my parachute jump on Sunday :nervous:

I'll probably won't be on much for the rest of the week but don't fret normal service will (hopefully!!) be resumed next week and I shall return to annoy/entertain you all. :)

Comments

• Options
    big sympathy
    I lost 1 day sorting it out for our deptartment( and we were only a day out of virus defs), then only to be pissed around by SobigF, I think we must have received about 200 infected emails, fourtunalty I was on the case that day
  • Options
    Keep :) Ninj.

Keep up the good work and it will soon be the weekend and then you can come back and keep us all entertained again
  • Options
    aaawww aint it nice to feel wanted, he's flogged his arse off to get back here :D

Welcome back matey :D
  • Options
    No better way of getting rid of the stress than a blood rush like the parachite jump! Goinga do it for my 21st next year so let us know whow you get on!
  • Options
    miss you :wave:
  • Options
    Originally posted by BritJames
    ooh I forgot that was coming up - I'll sponsor ya btw Ninja :) I know tis for a good cause and not beer money :) lol

Wish I could jump too one day, but with a heart condition, they rarely let ya

Whats wrong with your heart James?
  • Options
    you'll love the parachute jump, i did a tandem free fall for my birthday (pics)
    it was fantastic!!!
  • Options
    cold and broken.

no seriously, I have a ventricular septal defect. basically a larger than normal hole in the heart. been with me since birth

Aww, thats a shame, you see babies like that. Must be horrible.:(
  • Options
    Originally posted by Eul Grepus
    you'll love the parachute jump, i did a tandem free fall for my birthday (pics)
    it was fantastic!!!

I hate heights. *runs off to be sick*
  • Options
    Welcome back Ninj :hyper: :wave:
  • Options
    Just for everyone's attention. Microsoft have released another patch to plug another hole in the OS which could result in PC's being hit with a similar virus as Blaster/Nachi. Time to start patching again. :mad:

http://www.microsoft.com/technet/security/bulletin/ms03-039.asp
  • Options
    Oh dear ....

Hope you get overtime for this.

We put it all on a login.bat script and got all users to reboot and log back in. Not always possible - but works for the majority.

We're doing the same. Problem is we got something like 3000 users spread over such a wide area. Not all on a nice 34MB fast network link either. Some on crappy 256K :mad: