Home General Chat
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Aged 16-25? Share your experience of using the discussion boards and receive a £25 voucher! Take part via text-chat, video or phone. Click here to find out more and to take part.
Options

what would you do

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
if you hate work with all passions, and are horrible at school because you have no motivation, would you still want to go to university to study something that your interested in and see how your life ends up, or would you have rather stayed/lived with somebody which could provide for you in a way which means that you wouldn't have to work or go to school?

Comments

• Options
    i cant live off of others id try earn my own money and live my own way.
  • Options
    Hmm. Yus I would not want to be provided for completely tbh.
  • Options
    Yeah it'd be nice to have a rich man to buy me everything I wanted, but I would get much more satisfaction knowing that I'd been to work and earned my things myself. Plus being at home all the time would be really dull! I was unemployed for 2 months and I was soooo bored! So I'd have to do something.
  • Options
    Originally posted by Faith
    Plus being at home all the time would be really dull! I was unemployed for 2 months and I was soooo bored! So I'd have to do something.

:yes:

I'm so bored now, and I've only had a few weeks of doing nothing!

There are so many different jobs, there has to be something out there I enjoy and will earn me money.
  • Options
    as nice as it sounds to have a rich man to look after you, take you on holidays and to go on spending sprees with his credit card the reality is different. i woul imagine you'd end up feeling bored, a bit worthless and lonely. what would you fill your day up with? and not only that you'd feel like you'd owe him and would be totally dependant on him. thats not a healthy situation to be in imo.
  • Options
    i have all the motivation of a piece of fluff. and yet i am still at uni, determined to finish my degree.

i could never live off another person.

maybe if we both worked, but he earned more, and we shared our combined income equally, but if i wasn't contributing at all i would feel bad.
  • Options
    And what happens if you split up? You're left with nothing at all, and you wouldn't even be able to get a decent job to support yourself cos "Spongeing off my rich exboyfriend" doesn't look very good on a CV ;)
  • Options
    Re: what would you do
    Originally posted by my_name
    if you hate work with all passions, and are horrible at school because you have no motivation, would you still want to go to university to study something that your interested in and see how your life ends up, or would you have rather stayed/lived with somebody which could provide for you in a way which means that you wouldn't have to work or go to school?

Firstly you may have a job and hate it so its not going to mean every job is awful it could be just that job itself. Some people actually love going to work.

Personally if it was me and I was young I'd go to college and get the qualifications I need to get the career I want. Without the qualifications then you would probably get the type of job that you just dont enjoy.

My hubby provides for me and little un now, but when she wasnt here I worked. I would not have felt right him working while I was sat on my arse at home. I also like to pay my own way before we were married, I felt awful if he wanted to pay for everything.
  • Options
    I like to do stuff myself.

I'm happy to live at home during the summer and get free food etc.
    I help around the house, though...and cook (but only because I cook better than them :p )

But during term time, I pay my rent, food etc. with my loan and holiday working money. One of the reasons I avoided the unis in more expensive cities.

I just feel happier that way. And they'd tell me to fuck off if I asked for rent, too.

I'd get bored living off other people, anyway.