Home Health & Wellbeing
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨

Dog tags

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
What do you people think about the risin fashion buzz with double dog tags? I want a pair made on PROPER tags...not cheap metal tags. I can't find a place on the internet that accepts solo or paypal for these proper tags. Anybody know of a place?

Discuss all your views, info and knowledge on dog tags here....

Comments

• Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    Dog tags aren't a style!

There tacky and cheap looking, no matter what price the metal is.
    i luv dog tags on blokes! if they're tanned n muscly n all sweaty...phhwwwooooaaaarrrrr :naughty::yum:
    Uhhh... my boyfriend has a set, which he wears when he climbs - not a fashion statement, but rather a way of identifying the body should it come to that. I could ask him, but i think they're quite expensive to get proper ones made up. Try a big outdoor sports company, like Ellis Brigham or Snow and Rock, they might have an ordering facility, or at least know where you can get them done.
    Ok cool...tan is almost there and muscles are being worked on gym tomorrah morning!

cheers fer the replies so far...but one more question...on one of the tags, how does 'Born in Wales, to fight in England' sound? Corny? Wannabe kinda idot-like statement that makes me look like I'm a footie holigan or sumthing? I kinda mean fighting in toher ways. I'm a modern day bard...or poet in motion if ya like. Lyricist in any respect so I'm a soldier who fihts with words. I mean that. I fight with my words. Now... whaddya think of that 'Born in...thingy me wotsit' statement?
    I'm thinking corny, but i'm also the sort of person who only approves of them if they've got a purpose, in which case the best thing to have on them is your name, NI number and blood group. But that's just me...
    Yea that's all going on a tag but I'm buying a PAIR so I need to make something up for the other tag. Ok so I spose if people dun like the sound of it...I can come up with new ones. Bugger knows what but I'm not bothered about what EXACTLY to put doen yet cus I need to now my blood type. I'm waitin for a local blood drive so I can be told then.... :)
    if i read it i'd be like :eek2:
    i think it sounds a bit crappy..tbh
    lol ok ok fair enough. At least I asked you good people before rushin to my local mountain-hiking shop ... :P

Sumthing needs to go on one other then my artist name ... spose it'll stick with me for the rest of my life tho if I'm to be noticed. Yea thinkin bout it...that line DOES suck! But I wanna make a point about being Welsh! :D

Something about the dragon on the country flag? Any ideas? You lot gotta have creativity, surely..? Please?
    Originally posted by Davy
    Yea that's all going on a tag but I'm buying a PAIR so I need to make something up for the other tag. Ok so I spose if people dun like the sound of it...I can come up with new ones. Bugger knows what but I'm not bothered about what EXACTLY to put doen yet cus I need to now my blood type. I'm waitin for a local blood drive so I can be told then.... :)

Yes, but the whole point of a set of dog tags is that they come in pairs - one is sent home with the body to identify it, and the other is kept by the base or hospital. SO they're usually identical :p

I gave blood last thursday. Fucking hurt cos they couldn't find a vein. It took me 20 mins to do a half donation. Too my b/f 4 mins to do a full one :eek2: Was not impressed.
    Originally posted by Sa-ra-ra-ra
    Yes, but the whole point of a set of dog tags is that they come in pairs - one is sent home with the body to identify it, and the other is kept by the base or hospital.

oooohhhh they have a use?! and heres me thinking they're just for fit army guys and fashion.. :p
    Yeah but I don't plan on goin to a foreign country and getting shot....!! lol!

I'm jus having the medical one if I get run over or something on my own. I'm using to finding my veins (ahem...NO! I DON'T DO IT!) but they usually poke out on my arms so that shouldn't be a problem...lol shame on the 20 mins on you though!! Don't they say that if you can't find the veins that you're unhealthy or something? I don't wanna scare you or anything but surely I've heard something? Can anyone clarify?
    Originally posted by lipsy
    oooohhhh they have a use?! and heres me thinking they're just for fit army guys and fashion.. :p

lol yeah. The tags are taken off the chain and one is put on a much smaller chain..about 3-5 inches and hung over the big toe >_<
    lol yeah. The tags are taken off the chain and one is put on a much smaller chain..about 3-5 inches and hung over the big toe >_<

ugh...how morbid :|
    Actually, generally one is hung on the chain round the neck, and the other is on a little (big toe sized :p) chain which is hung on the other chain, so it's all ready to use :)

Nah, there's nothing wrong with my veins, my whole family have quite deep set ones - i think the problem was that i've had a LOT of blood tests before in that arm (cos generally, it's the easier vein to find), and i think the vein may have deterriorated over time and pokings. Ho hum. Generally people who exercise loads have veins closer to the skin though, there's less fat covering it, and it cools the blood better.
    Dude, get a cross or something :p
    if they come from a *real* man in uniform, as in if the only purpose of them was to hold in their mouth before they are blown up to get some type of id on them, then yes, its nice, if not, then no, you cant fake some type of originally military fashion, thats just wrong ;)
    They're ming.
    how does 'Born in Wales, to fight in England' sound? Corny? Wannabe kinda idot-like statement that makes me look like I'm a footie holigan or sumthing?

:yes:

if i read that on someone's dog tag i'd laugh my head off.
    lol ok ok... I'll just get one as a keyring or something >_<
    lol ok ok... I'll just get one as a keyring or something >_<

awwwwww
    lol! :p

I'm in the process of clearing out the wardrobe and getting a load of newer, nicer stuff. I just thought of what I might be able to get that isn't clothes n shoes n that would be jewellry n that wunnit? (sayin accessories for a guys just WRONG!)

I've already been after a really cool watch but my gold link chain is too plain and I don't think spiked dog-neck collars would be ...erm...suitable.....at all. So I thought...what bout dog chains but aparently they are a bad idea. They are reaosnablly cheap so I might just get 'em for certain days out like dangerous pub crawls. That way, somebody finding me on the pavement in the morning would be able to call me a taxi and know where to kick me out at :D
    the only thing that should be on dog tags are name, d.o.b, rank, serial no. and blood group
    they weren't even cool back in the early 90's when they were supposedly cool...

get a nice little pendant with your details on the back, it'll make everyone think 'nice pendant' rather than "hahaha, look at that twat, he thinks he's action man!"

but really, they look fookin' stoopid. go to a good outdoor shop and they'll be able to sort you out with something cool looking but purposeful too.
    lol as it turns out..I've recently been giving 'Field Engineer' for the Royal Air Force a serious thought so it might just be that I get some real ones...but take em off when I go out, ay?! :D
    lol as it turns out..I've recently been giving 'Field Engineer' for the Royal Air Force a serious thought so it might just be that I get some real ones...but take em off when I go out, ay?! :D

ohhhhh :naughty: not if thier real dude then you leave them on, girls need to know that your a uniformed man ;)