Home Health & Wellbeing
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Options

crises

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
i accedently died my hair, and now its bright *bright* red with a hint of bright orange... and now, no clothes or make up look good with it, any suggestions? (and another dye job is out of the question)

Comments

• Options
    a hat?

bright coloured hair will fade pretty quickly. shampoo is twice every time you're in the shower and it'll fade faster.

if you like it, but just can't find owt that matches, try black and denim.

make-up wise, with bright hair you need stronger make up, or your face will look washed out. try dark eyeliners.
  • Options
    How did you accidentally dye it?

Bright red. I bet browns in the eyshadow region would go, with black clothes, or really bright clothes if you're daring enough, like turquoise or pink. Not sure about the orange like.
  • Options
    how long till it fades out do you think? its been about 2 days now and no color difference
  • Options
    Wash it much0s. :yes:
  • Options
    how about a temporary colour over the top. one of those wash in/wash out thingummys?
  • Options
    Originally posted by my_name
    how long till it fades out do you think? its been about 2 days now and no color difference

my pink hair is now a pale pastel colour after about 2 weeks.

shampoo is the key. get one of the extra cleansing ones if you can, definitely not anything for coloured hair, cause they'll preserve it for longer.
  • Options
    head and shoulders shampoo fades hair really quickly, so does baby shampoo.
    theyve both got stuff in to lighten hair.
  • Options
    My hair is *well was* bright red underneath to keep it bright red i have to do it bout every two weeks as it really fades, at the mo mines faded loads to like a browny reddy coppery colour, its quite nice actually :p . When i first got it done my hairdresser told me that red colours fade the quickest anyway
  • Options
    try a gentle wash in hair colour or a henna one