Home Politics & Debate
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨

Open Email to LadyJade

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
Originally posted by Dom
Some rules for the politics forum
Welcome to the politics forum...

2. Racist, hateful, defamatory or otherwise illegal posts are not suitable.

On this side of the Atlantic, refering to a person as "trailer park trash" is an epithet in the same vein as refering to a person as a "stupid, lazy-assed n*gg*r".

While you in Britain may well plead "ignorance" to the texture of the defamitory insult, clandestine claims to be an "American", and knows full well what the insult means.

While you censor my response to him - one much less vile than was directed toward me - you allow his hateful epithet to stand?

Equity only given mouth service, rather than enacted?

Your own political perspective base your selective application of the "rules"?

I challenge you to live by the ethics you require of me. Until you do - and censor clandestine's repeated use of the epithet - you demonstrate definitive hypocricy.

Comments

• Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    Youve yet to live up to any such requirements yourself Thanatos and you know it! :rolleyes:

And to set your typical misrepresentation straight, nowhere did I use the term "trailer park trash". Reference to "trailer park" as a classic American allusion to communal redneck propensities, but no reference to "trash".

Are you perhaps admitting to something you shouldnt? ;)
    Its ok sending an open email but could we have the link to the story in question please ?
    Here ya go...

http://195.194.49.4/vbulletin/showthread.php?s=&threadid=52441

Reference to trailer parks yes, "trash" no.

Just a case of the pot calling the kettle black, nothing new.
    Do we really have to go and dig up all the defamatory comments Thanatos has made?

Or ask why he keeps being banned?

Waste of bandwidth.
    shouldnt that be "banned"width? ;)
    Originally posted by Aladdin
    Do we really have to go and dig up all the defamatory comments Thanatos has made?

Or ask why he keeps being banned?

Waste of bandwidth.

Sorry guys but that is the point he is trying to make.

He will happily admit that his comments have led to his banning. All he is suggesting is that the same rules should apply across the board. From his perspective it would appear that his political views contribute as much as his abusive comments...

@ Clandestine, play with words fine, I am as guilty of that as anyone but personally I think that you knew precisely what you meant when referring to "trailer park" just as much as he does. That you didn't use "trash" on the end is of little consequence. Talk about spin doctoring - you know that the Labour Govt is always on the look out for people who play with words ;)
    Originally posted by Aladdin

Sorry but you know the story, myself and a few newer members to politics have not got a clue whats gone on in the past, so when there is an open email topic I have not got a clue what he was on about.

I think ive made my mind up though ;)
    Call it what you wish MoK, it was a reference to a mindset indicative of a large percentage of redneck Americans from such communal societies.

If Thanatos chooses to champion such ignorant and misinformed positions, I will happily call a spade a spade and highlight the school of thought (or non-thought as it were) for what it is.
    Oh change the record Globe... you're boring the hell out of me

We moderate these boards without bias, and you were far more out of line than anyone else has been. The same rules apply to everyone, and if we really were that biased, I doubt half the users on this board would still be members.

By using these boards you accept that, at the end of the day, we the mods have the final say. Carry on digging up dirt and sending abusive pms to us and you will be banned.

End of
    you've been around long enough to know the score.

Susie :mad:
This discussion has been closed.