Home Sex & Relationships
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Aged 16-25? Share your experience of using the discussion boards and receive a £25 voucher! Take part via text-chat, video or phone. Click here to find out more and to take part.
Options

confusion over my ex

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
Hmm...Im confused right now

I split with my boyfriend this weekend, mainly due to the fact that he pulled some other chick right in front of me. Okay, so all the anger aside, I really miss him today. I know its natural to miss someone that you have spent months with, and then suddenly be apart, but Im not sure what to do. Part of me says "space from him right now is the way to go", but another part says "i miss him, and just want to see him as a friend". I know the split was for the best just now, and i will never be able to forgive him for what he put me through on Friday, but i dont think i want him out of my life alltogether.

Can i have some advice please? Is distance and time apart the right thing to do just now? Or should all ties just be cut completely? I know only I can know really, but i would like to hear other peoples views...thanks :)

Comments

• Options
    You need some distance away from him before you become mates again. You need to be on your own, see your mates, sort your head out and all that before you see him! :yes:
  • Options
    Cut all ties right now, recover from this (It will make you stronger!) then revisit the situation once you're fully over him.

Your be in a better position to see if you do really want him back in your life as a mate.

Doing anything now other then not seeing him would be a mistake. Your system needs time to comprehend what's happened and you aren't in the right frame of mind to do that. No txts or phone calls, and if he contacts you don't reply straight away until you've had a long hard think!

Thats my intake on the matter:)
  • Options
    oh dear :crazyeyes
  • Options
    what? :(
  • Options
    Originally posted by snow*white
    what? :(

nothing.

i just bet he really misses you.
  • Options
    I split with my boyfriend this weekend, mainly due to the fact that he pulled some other chick right in front of me.

did he do anything with her like kiss or flirt or just pull (attract) her? coz they are two totally different things.
  • Options
    Originally posted by *sugar*
    did he do anything with her like kiss or flirt or just pull (attract) her? coz they are two totally different things.

got jealous/upset..drank more than ever drank before..

kissed me

died. :(
  • Options
    well...they held hands, had arms round each other, then finally kissed...all this was right in front of me

god i hate thinking about that :yuck: :crying:

so, yeah... :( it wasnt a nice night out
  • Options
    its the thought of seeing them again together, or even just her on my own....its making me feel sick, angry, and just plain terrifed really

i guess it will have to happen at some point though....i just dont know how i am going to react....seeing them together would, I think, just be totally destroying :(

i dunno :nervous:

[having this board is good...it lets me vent, and lets me talk to people who are totally uninvolved :)]
  • Options
    i doubt anyonewill agree or evn get where im coming from but i spect you got on well for the whole rest of the time and although he did treat u bad in the end he could still be a good friend just not a good boyfriend. so i dont think you should stop seeing him as long as its just friendly.