Home Health & Wellbeing
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨

Electrolysis

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
The beauty shop does it. Should I get my eyebrows done? Im asking since Im a lad and well...

Comments

• Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    Was it you who did the whole thread last time about eyebrows? Hehe.

Yeah go for it... although it's quite expensive, isn't it?! And make sure they do it right, because it won't grow back!
    Originally posted by perfect***day
    And make sure they do it right, because it won't grow back!

It does. Electrolysis doesn't remove the hair permanantly, not at first. You have to have loads and loads and loads of sessions before it's permanantly removed. Costs a fortune.

Just so he doesn't think it'll be gone forever :)
    AAHHH Bollocks! Why does everything need to be done loadsa times before it does the job intended? :mad:
    id get it done if i were you.Its obviously something that bothers you. It would probably take more than one session for it to stop growing back completely, but it would make the regrowth finer and it would even be possible to just pluck the odd hair as it grew back with some decent tweezers. Why dont you go and ask them and see what they say.
    I totally agree with rainbow_brite! U should go and talk to the experts about it. Also, it varies from person to person how many times u need the treatment b4 its gone permanently. Think of it this way - wouldnt the cost b worth it if it makes u feel loads better about urself?
    I guess.
    Originally posted by ~*STRESSED*~
    I know somewhere where they do electrolysis. How many sessions do you usually need and how much does it cost on average?

Price depends on the area you get electrolysised. If that's a word..

As far as I'm aware, you start going every week or so, then it drops to every two weeks, then every month, then every couple of months, then after (long) a while every 6 months or so.

It's not like you go every week for 3 months or something. Like I said, it really does take ages (like years before the hair is permanantly removed) and this works out to be VERY expensive.
    I was in Wilkinson's today and they've got some of the Christmas stuff in. There's a Purple Ronnie hair remover for 3.99, dunno how good it is or anything though!