Home Sex & Relationships
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Aged 16-25? Share your experience of using the discussion boards and receive a £25 voucher! Take part via text-chat, video or phone. Click here to find out more and to take part.
Options

Hmmm what would you do?

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
What would you do with someone you were crazy about, but they couldn't always give you 100% because other people were dependant on them? I would say ok, but after a while when you miss out on dates all the time and stuff it gets... weary. Of course I accept it, but sometimes I do feel sorry for myself heh just sitting at my computer thinking of her. sighhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh

Comments

• Options
    TBH you can't expect someone to be 100% into you and nothing else. That's completely selfish.
  • Options
    Originally posted by Mist
    TBH you can't expect someone to be 100% into you and nothing else. That's completely selfish.
    oops i kinda worded it wrong. erm :blush:

What I meant was like, if you were with someone who due to other circumstances you didn't get a lot of their time. :confused:
  • Options
    you should go out with ur mates n stuff rather than sitting at home thinking about her.
  • Options
    Originally posted by lipsy
    you should go out with ur mates n stuff rather than sitting at home thinking about her.

perhaps. i get bored out with my mates tho :confused: its like after an hour or so i just wanna go home sit down or something :confused:
  • Options
    Originally posted by TheShyBoyInTheCorner
    oops i kinda worded it wrong. erm :blush:

What I meant was like, if you were with someone who due to other circumstances you didn't get a lot of their time. :confused:

It would depend on what we did when we did get time together, if it made up for being apart, and on what the reasons were for being apart, tbh.
  • Options
    If you make a decsision to be with someone knowing they have other commitments then you cannot expect those commitments to change to suit you as you were prewarned beforehand that they existed. If you too clingy to cope then you'll just have to end it.
  • Options
    Originally posted by Bomberman444
    If you make a decsision to be with someone knowing they have other commitments then you cannot expect those commitments to change to suit you as you were prewarned beforehand that they existed. If you too clingy to cope then you'll just have to end it.

/\ What he said!
  • Options
    I just KNEW someone was gona post that. Damn its good being right!
  • Options
    If you want a relationship where you get a lot more of their time, then you shouldn't be in this one, obviously. I think it's healthy for you both to do things independently of each other. It's really not a good thing that you say you get bored of your mates and you'd rather see her - what would you do if you suddenly broke up and found you'd lost all your mates because of that? I only say that because an ex of mine basically did that - wasn't interested in seeing his friends and just wanted to spend all his time with me. When I broke up with him I felt terrible because his friends were fed up and didn't want to see him particularly as he'd spent pretty much 10 months neglecting them.

So make an effort to be with your friends, and appreciate the time you do have with your girlfriend!
  • Options
    Originally posted by lisa simpson's saxophone
    If you want a relationship where you get a lot more of their time, then you shouldn't be in this one, obviously. I think it's healthy for you both to do things independently of each other. It's really not a good thing that you say you get bored of your mates and you'd rather see her - what would you do if you suddenly broke up and found you'd lost all your mates because of that? I only say that because an ex of mine basically did that - wasn't interested in seeing his friends and just wanted to spend all his time with me. When I broke up with him I felt terrible because his friends were fed up and didn't want to see him particularly as he'd spent pretty much 10 months neglecting them.

So make an effort to be with your friends, and appreciate the time you do have with your girlfriend!

I guess. If she broke up with me I'd spend all my time online. I don't konw why my friends are alright but I'm kinda growing apart from them, and I just get *tired* of their company cos we usually don't do much. Or if we do I'm too tired to lol.

I was just saying in this thread that it was sometimes... frustrating becos there's no way to make her lose her commitments, and we do cherish the time we spend together. Just there's a lot of time apart........ :confused:
  • Options
    I don't get to see my boyfriend as much as some people see theirs, partly because it's a kind-of long distance relationship. Also, we both have other things in our lives which are important - family, friends and at the moment preparations for going to uni in October!

Now if he were constantly cancelling dates and screwing me around and generally not putting any effort into the relationship, I'd be unhappy and I'd tell him to pull his socks up or it would be over. But we tend to manage quite well because although we have other commitments, we both make time for each other and of course, when we're together it's great.

I think ShyBoy you need to sort out whether you are in fact being selfish here, and she needs a bit of time with other people, or whether she's just messing you around and not being considerate enough to think about you and your needs/wants in the relationship. And if it's the latter, you should talk approach her about it and find out how to sort it out.

At the end of the day, if the relationship isn't making you happy and you're not satisfied with the best she can give, it's time to give up.
  • Options
    ?!?!?!

I am pretty sure this is going to lead to the same information that we always give you before!

If you aren't happy with the situation get out of it!

Jesus mate...

Also - if your friends bore you, get some new ones! I am never bored of my friends company! You don't have to be doing something to have fun! Just chilling out and talking bollocks is usually sufficient!

Please PLEASE sort your head out.

:confused: :crazyeyes :(
  • Options
    Re: ?!?!?!
    Originally posted by g_angel007
    I am pretty sure this is going to lead to the same information that we always give you before!

If you aren't happy with the situation get out of it!

Jesus mate...

Also - if your friends bore you, get some new ones! I am never bored of my friends company! You don't have to be doing something to have fun! Just chilling out and talking bollocks is usually sufficient!

Please PLEASE sort your head out.

:confused: :crazyeyes :(

You got a point . . .

Hun, if you don't have fun with your friends then obviously they aren't the right friends for you! And if you aren't 100% happy with what you got with Laura, either a) talk to her or b) get out of it! And from what you told me you already talked to her (unless I'm getting confused again :confused: ) so that only leaves you with option b). Sorry hun :(