Home Sex & Relationships
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨

Gold Diggers

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
What is it with girls and my money? oh and me being a 'nice' bloke?

Ive noticed a pattern, get g/f, g/f needs to borrow money for operation/horse/clothes/food/night out/etc. Get the whole, you'll get it back next week, next week comes and goes, months go by, get dumped, ask for money back, told next week, next week comes and goes, months go by, ask for money again, another date set, date comes, date goes, and so it goes on.

Just wondering why girls are like that? Ive become more tight with my money now! Any tips on how to actually get it back? without getting the whole, me and my mates, and her and all her mates plus their b/f's thing happening?

Comments

• Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    its only happening because you let it happen. when i started going out with my partner, we decided that if we go out for dinner or something, one of us would pay the bill one night and then the other would pay on another night.
    if a gal wants to borrow money, then say 'well ok, but i would like it back by x', you dont need to be tightfisted, just make sure that they know that they wont get away with it
    Well finally met up with my X. Lets call her amy. Her mate, we'll call marie is in one of my classes at college. In that class marie came up to me and said amy didnt want to see me and that she didnt owe me any money and to stop phoning her at home.

Anyways i waited where i said id meet her and caught her, she wasnt going to meet me, but i saw her and was able to catch up with her. A lot of argueing insured with her saying she didnt owe me anything and ive got no proof, and her new b/f's a lawer and i cant do nothing etc. Her mate marie joined in, butting in as always when it has nothing to do with her. They started laughing and joking saying she didnt owe me anything and ive got no proof. ive got bank statements and i can say why i got the money out and what she spent it on. But thats about as much proof as i have. She then decided to get some other girls in her class, who dont even know me to back her up, while she was going on about her wonderful new b/f and all the stuff they are buying. This really pissed me off, as she owes me money and she should give it back. But shes being a total bitch about it and her mate marie is encoraging her. I dont know what to do, my mates are starting to get involved and gona have a word to marie to back off and leave me and amy to deal with it. My mates have also told me to write a letter to her mum explaining everything.

Im not sure if thats a good idea, or what to do, any advice on what i should/could do? im not totally worried about getting the money back, im not desperate for it, but as its a few hundred it would be nice to get at least some of it back. Shes acting like she can do what ever she wants and i want to show her she cant, especially when it comes to using me for my money.

Thanxs in advance
    How much money was it for goodness sake?
    what a cow!

tell her u will take her to court or tell the police. maybe that will frighten her. be hard tell her ur not taking no nonsense. shout at her if necessary.

how much money was it?

we're not all like that!
    Take the bitch to small claims court. Let the magistrates decide.
    If you tell them about the whole "gettin my mates tio back me up" thing then they'll look kinder on you.
    Take your bank statements too.
    its about 150 to 200 pounds. May sound loads but when you say 60 one month, 60 the next and 2 30's inbetween, it quickly adds up.

Her b/f is ment to be a lawyer, not that that worrys me, but taking her to small claims court will be a waste of my time and probably money. Ive got little proof really.

I will get my money back, one way or another. Im gona write a letter to her mum and see what happens. She is a bitch, she thinks cos shes a girl, she can have control, shes already engaged to her new b/f, i think shes just collecting rings, shes got about 5. Her bloke before me spent 5000 pounds on her ring even though they was together a week.

I know not all girls are like it. I doubt she'd be like it if it wasnt for marie telling her how to act. Not surprisingly marie is cheating on her b/f with his best mate, so thats the kind of respect these girls have. They just wana get as much out as possible. But my mates are looking after me and gona sort her out.

Still its taught me a lesson, never lend money, and if i do, get it down in writting first.
    damn straight!!! let the courts bust the little bitches arse!!! if u can prove that she has the money then uve got her by the short n curlies. tell her ur guna take legal action, then write 2 her mum saying that (how old is she?) and she should go apeshit at her. her b/f is probably only a lawyer in training, and doesnt know all his stuff anyway. little cow
    My advice is to never, ever, lend money to a partner where you actually hope to get it back. That goes for women at least as much as for men.

If you want to give your partner money then give it them. As a gift. Call it a loan if they insist, but accept right there and then that you are unlikely to get it back. That way you can only ever be pleasantly surprised.

I learnt this the hard way.

My ex-wife got me to take out a sizeable bank loan to get her new car with. I was going to get a smaller loan anyway, but she persuaded me to get out a much larger loan, and her dad was going to pay half of it each month.

Over the following 9 months, her dad made exactly one of the monthly payments and I was left with debts I could not afford.

It's now two years on, I have no car, no wife, and never saw any more of that money than the one single payment. I have a great job, but am still living in a tiny bedsit because of the debts this caused.