Home General Chat
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Aged 16-25? Share your experience of using the discussion boards and receive a £25 voucher! Take part via text-chat, video or phone. Click here to find out more and to take part.
Options

Cubicles

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
I was just thinking, if you went on a school trip to a swimming complex and it was open area i.e. a changing area with no cubicles for boys and a seperate one for girls. If a teacher was there and got undressed in front of you, is that legal, OK with you? Or would you be grossed out and think it is pervy?

Comments

• Options
    Female teahers in my school---let them strip away all they want but males i wouldn't give a fuck, it's not like i'm going to be looking at them anyway.
  • Options
    this was one of the fucking reasons I hated senior school. Kids at this age generally are conscious of themselves and how they are changing, its not fair to put them through this. If my teacher was there watching me, Id point blank refuse.
  • Options
    maybe i didn't read it right but if a teacher was watching me change, no i woudln't change.

There's a teacher like that in our school, whenever boys go into the showers after pe, he comes into the showers and starts talking to them and having the craic,somehow i dont think this is right...i don't do pe anymore and haven't in the past year or more.
  • Options
    Originally posted by VinylVicky
    this was one of the fucking reasons I hated senior school. Kids at this age generally are conscious of themselves and how they are changing, its not fair to put them through this. If my teacher was there watching me, Id point blank refuse.

I had this problem, well kind of. In secondry school we had speprat girls&boys, but the teachers would drag yopu(stand and watch) go into the showers. my mum went off the walls at them- i never got Made to go in again.... muhahaha!!! and them techers hated me sooo much.... in the end no1 ever went in, because lads then used to come in and things... was really horrible. glad im not threre now!!
    But with the Pool thing- i'd say no, and walk out- no - way- its not on at all!!complain do what u can. its just unfair!
  • Options
    I would hope that in this day and age it would be illegal for that to happen.
  • Options
    In my first school we got changed in the class room but we were only small so y'see.

In my second school you got chnaged in the changing room but at the end you had to have a shower. The only time you could get away with now having a shower was if you were on your period. :| How fucked is that? I used to skive them days. I totally agree with Vicky on this. At that age you are conscious and stuff but you had to shower. Naked. :| You were allowed to take your towel but leave it on the peg outside.

In my high school we had changing room and showers were there but no one used them. You didnt have to there.
  • Options
    my old pe teacher was a lesbian. she used to watch us change. we didnt realise she was a lesbian until the end of the year when we had this fete thing and she bought her girlfriend and they openly snogged in front of us all. and this is in high school, where we started in year 7 and left in year 9, so we were at that horrible age where we'd pick on anyone.

but we always siad she watched us, everyone knew, but we didnt know she was gay then. i dont know if it had anything to do with her sexuality or what, but they other pe teacher didnt watch us, it was only her, and it did make us all feel very uncomfortable, but even if you do say something, no one believes you at that age.
  • Options
    Hmm. The only time this would have happened was in school after games when we would have showers. Then tbh I was more bothered about the other kids than the teachers. :D

Nowadays I don't generally give a toss who sees me.
  • Options
    Re: Cubicles
    Originally posted by Jazza Bing
    I was just thinking, if you went on a school trip to a swimming complex and it was open area i.e. a changing area with no cubicles for boys and a seperate one for girls. If a teacher was there and got undressed in front of you, is that legal, OK with you? Or would you be grossed out and think it is pervy?

Har, I didnt read the question properly. :blush:

I should imagine that is illegal. I would be grossed out by it. And I would think its pervy.
  • Options
    I think this thread has been misread, its not saying that the teachers are watching, its just saying that they are getting changed in the same changing room. I see nothing wrong with it.
    ITs the same with public swimming pools, some people choose not to use the cubicals because they are to smal to move around in, do you see it as pervy if a child happens to be in the same changing room?
  • Options
    Originally posted by badabing
    my old pe teacher was a lesbian.

We always thought that about our PE teacher who used to make us shower. But I can not remember if we found out that she was a lesbian or not. Hmm.
  • Options
    Originally posted by *Lisa*
    In my second school you got chnaged in the changing room but at the end you had to have a shower. The only time you could get away with now having a shower was if you were on your period. :| How fucked is that? I used to skive them days. I totally agree with Vicky on this. At that age you are conscious and stuff but you had to shower. Naked. :| You were allowed to take your towel but leave it on the peg outside.

exactly the same at my high school. they took a register at the beginning of games and either said "yes miss" which meant you were showering or "no miss" which meant you were on your period and weren't having a shower. PLUS you had to have a note from your parents to say that you were on your period.

and they registered us in and out of the showers :eek:

and all the girls in my year seemed to have "set" places in the changing rooms that they went to every week. Mine was right opposite this really bitchy girl who spent the whole time making very loud and unpleasant comments about my body :(
  • Options
    Originally posted by *Lisa*
    In my first school we got changed in the class room but we were only small so y'see.

same in our school - when we were little we got changed all together - boys and girls in the classroom together.
    we used to have one both the refused to get changed and when the teacher said he had to he kept insisting he wasn't wearing any underwear ... of course the rest of the class asked him to prove it!!

Then in Highschool we had changing rooms, but the girls had private showers and the boys communal ones - not sure that's fair!!
  • Options
    Originally posted by Zella
    I think this thread has been misread, its not saying that the teachers are watching, its just saying that they are getting changed in the same changing room. I see nothing wrong with it.
    ITs the same with public swimming pools, some people choose not to use the cubicals because they are to smal to move around in, do you see it as pervy if a child happens to be in the same changing room?

We had a perv in our swimming pool - there was this old man that used to sit by the door on a chair to the men's changing rooms when it was time fo the kids swimming classes - when I was little I thought he was some type of security guard but he used to watch the boys changing and help towel them down .. of course now I now what he was really doing .... really sickening.... I alsways used to get changed at the far end lockers to avoid him!!
  • Options
    When I went to see my sisters sports day a few weeks back I noticed that they change in the class room. I think this is wrong because they are ten. Not 5. It wasnt the lads in one room and the lassies in another. They were together. Wrong I say.
  • Options
    Originally posted by KoolCat
    and all the girls in my year seemed to have "set" places in the changing rooms that they went to every week. Mine was right opposite this really bitchy girl who spent the whole time making very loud and unpleasant comments about my body :(

It was like that at my school, we all had our own places. I was not happy whenever someone else used my own little area but that was coz i had found a little corner where noone else could really see you when you were changing.

A couple of girls would go into the toilet cubicles but coz there was only one toilet in the changing room it was always a fight between them as to who could get there first!