Home Politics & Debate
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨

An attack on conservatism

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
Most conservatives claim that their ideology upholds individual liberty. How exactly does this manifest itself?

I can't really think of any conservative political party anywhere which has sought to further social freedom. If anything, many conservative organisations possess socially authoritarian/conservative wings. Ultimately the only freedoms conservatives care for are economic ones (such as the right to do business, make profits and free markets.)

Comments

• Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    Hrm... well I'm not for the bourgeoius, I'd like to see a more equal society personally.

I think the Tories encourage freedom, you just gotta have cash to buy it.
    The Tories have never sought to enhance freedom.

Maybe some Conservatives are social liberals nonetheless they are few and far between.
    Every Political party is fucked up, join the Jazza party. We do nothing, you pay nothing (until 2005 )
    The Tories have never sought to enhance freedom.

Hehehe, unless you're wealthy.

Every Political party is fucked up,

Damn right, the whole world is fucked.
    Re: An attack on conservatism
    Originally posted by monocrat
    Most conservatives claim that their ideology upholds individual liberty. How exactly does this manifest itself?

I can't really think of any conservative political party anywhere which has sought to further social freedom. If anything, many conservative organisations possess socially authoritarian/conservative wings. Ultimately the only freedoms conservatives care for are economic ones (such as the right to do business, make profits and free markets.)
    mono ...what the fucks up with you!

recently you seem to be talking so much sense!