Home Politics & Debate
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨

Muppets to assist U.S foreign policy?

Comments

• Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    I was just reading that...

"We don't set out in any way to push American or western values. That's not our mission at all," says Beatrice Chow, spokeswoman for Sesame Street's foreign co-productions.

However...

The cute, squeaky-voiced puppet Elmo has just been sponsored by Wall Street firm Merrill Lynch to explain business to American pre-schoolers.

It's a shame how everything that you enjoyed as a child is corrupt and deceitful.
    Just another example of the vileness of this administration and all the more reason for ousting them in 2004. This kind of corporate backed propagandizing must be shut down.

God, that so infuriates me!! :mad:
    The U.S Army sponsoring the show while using its theme song as an instrument of torture in Iraq, ironic, perverse or both? :eek2:
    Originally posted by BlackArab
    The U.S Army sponsoring the show while using its theme song as an instrument of torture in Iraq, ironic, perverse or both? :eek2:

Both.

Surely it's breaking the Geneva convention? Torture?

Although I always find myself humming the theme tune - maybe I'm being secretly indoctrinated?! :eek:
    The US shouldn't have an extensive foreign policy.

It should remove ALL troops from the 100+ countries it has them and look after its own affairs.
    Originally posted by monocrat
    The US shouldn't have an extensive foreign policy.

It should remove ALL troops from the 100+ countries it has them and look after its own affairs.

Maybe. But what about the muppets?

I just think it's strange...but there's not much that's too weird/unthinkable for the current administration, is there?
    well, it makes sense doesn't it? as the song says " i get by with a little help from my friends". and it probably fulfills one of bushs dreams, after all he has all the qualifications to be a muppet. he also has an interest in childrens literature, when asked what his favourite childhood book was, he replied "The very hungry caterpillar", a bokk which wasn't published until after he had left college.