Home Sex & Relationships
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Aged 16-25? Share your experience of using the discussion boards and receive a £25 voucher! Take part via text-chat, video or phone. Click here to find out more and to take part.
Options

Confufled

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
Ok basically im going to have the injection because im crap at taking my pill, but ive started a new job which ive had for 3 weeks, and the Family planning clinic doesnt open till 5 and i dont know what time it shuts, but i work at 4:30 - 8:30, so i dont think i can go get it? I dont know if they do it at the doctors but id feel stupid going there for that because im not ill if you get me.

Any way does anyone know how i can get my injection.

Thank you :)

Comments

• Options
    Obviously different companies work different ways but my company give you so many hours a year to go to the doctors, dentist etc.. Ask your work and see what they say, you don't have to tell them what it is for.
  • Options
    why don't you phone the clinic and ask if there's anywhere else you could have it done?
  • Options
    Ditto :rolleyes:
  • Options
    Some do hald days Sat as well ive heard-

good idea to get it- dont understand why more women dont?
  • Options
    give your clinic a call, ask them when would be the most convenient time to come, then ask work if you can have 30 mins off to go to the docs and have it done??
  • Options
    Or I could could always do it? Me being a doctor and all?

The pointy bit goes where now?:confused:
  • Options
    If you find that you can't make it to your local FPA, try Brook - they are pretty much the same service and may have more convenient opening times:

Brook Advisory Centres
    Advice, counselling and medical help around contraception, pregnancy, abortion and sexual health.
    Telephone: 0800 0185023

;)
  • Options
    good idea to get it- dont understand why more women dont?

It could be because they inject you in your arse :eek2: - so all the ladies who are chicken like me are a bit put off! Hats off to you Sxy Bunny Girl; you're a braver gal than me!

(P.S: I have a mate who has the injection and she was the one who told me they inject it into your arse, but I spose there might be different versions, some of which might not be arse-administered! Just thought I'd say that incase I'm wrong!)