Home General Chat
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Aged 16-25? Share your experience of using the discussion boards and receive a £25 voucher! Take part via text-chat, video or phone. Click here to find out more and to take part.
Options

Renaming the Mobo's

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
Some good arguments all round on the previous post. I was just wondering if anybody would have a problem if it was renamed the Urban Music Awards.

No reference to colour there so on a par with Rock Music awards or C&W.

(btw the way can the Mod's put some more coal in the server, things are running slow again)

Comments

• Options
    ffs, why did you have to start a whole new thread on this?
  • Options
    cus he has been here longer than you.

and you clearly still havn't grasped what happens to threads after a few pages.

and i think music of black origin is bloody fine as it is.
  • Options
    Originally posted by Franglais
    ffs, why did you have to start a whole new thread on this?

why not?
  • Options
    Originally posted by molo
    cus he has been here longer than you.

and i think music of black origin is bloody fine as it is.

Thank you molo. The funny thing is when I used the term 'urban' to a friend of mine who's White, she didn't have a clue what type of music I meant. When I explained she laughed and asked me why I didn't just say Black!
  • Options
    i thought black people didn't like the term 'urban music'. im sure i saw it on a show n some black dude complained about it n everyone cheered...
  • Options
    Originally posted by molo

even ones which have apparently come to a conclusion?
  • Options
    Originally posted by lipsy
    i thought black people didn't like the term 'urban music'. im sure i saw it on a show n some black dude complained about it n everyone cheered...

I don't particularly like the term but I used in context. I was discussing something which had the term in its title. To be honest I find it a bit cringy as its obviously just as used a way of not saying Black but as we can see it avoids the issue of accusations of racism.

What would you suggest instead?
  • Options
    I'd only have a problem with it if the only reason it was being renamed was because of people being overly PC.
  • Options
    well MOBO doesnt really bother me anyway