Home Sex & Relationships
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Aged 16-25? Share your experience of using the discussion boards and receive a £25 voucher! Take part via text-chat, video or phone. Click here to find out more and to take part.
Options

please read!!!!

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
this is related to my "itching" thread but noone is reading it and i despratly need answers.
i told my mum and she tryed to get me thrush cream but because im under 16 i need to go to the doctor! and so later tonight i ahve to go to the doctor for probing!!!!!!! are they gonna ask me things such as when i last had sex because my mum stopped me from doing it but me and my b/f went against her wishes

Comments

• Options
    cant you tell your mum to wait outside while you go in to see the doc? say you dont want her there as you feel uncomfortable, having your genitals examined infront of her. I'm sure as a mother she will understand and accept your wishes.
  • Options
    Can you not goto the docs on your own?

If not might be best to own up to your Mum before you go in. You don't want your Mum getting all heavy on you in front of the doctor.
  • Options
    anything you tell the doctor will be in complete confidence.

so be honest, cause it might affect what they do.
  • Options
    im too scared to go in on my own im dreading it
  • Options
    Originally posted by PRETTYgreenEYES
    Sorry to be harsh but if your not mature enough to even go to the doctors without mummy holding your little hand then you shouldn't even be having sex. I say grow up and go to the docs on your own or your going to have to either lie to the doc so your mum doesn't find out and that could affect what treatments he gives or your mum is going to find out.
  • Options
    sweety there is nothing to be scared of *hugs* have you got any good friends?
  • Options

don't worry. it's not the most fun thing in the world, but it'll be over quickly, and then you'll be able to get proper answers.

ask your mum to take you to the docs, but when you actually go into the room, go by yourself. that's what i'd do.
  • Options
    I've never known a doctor to examine a person infront of another, whether they are their mother or not. If they ask you to lie on the bed or whatever, they normally pull the curtains round so no one can see... At least this is what my doc and the surgeon did when i had gallstones... and they werent even looking at my nether regions!... but i could be wrong...
  • Options
    theres nothing to worry about, the doc has seen it all before. all he/she will do is take a sample using one of those cotton bud things.

i have to agree with the comment that 'Lickalotapuss' made tho..
  • Options
    Originally posted by Lickalotapuss
    Sorry to be harsh but if your not mature enough to even go to the doctors without mummy holding your little hand then you shouldn't even be having sex. I say grow up and go to the docs on your own or your going to have to either lie to the doc so your mum doesn't find out and that could affect what treatments he gives or your mum is going to find out.

im sorry but thats a bit harsh. just because she doesnt want to go to the doctors on her own doesnt mean she isnt ready for sex. my dad is 50 for gods sake and he still hates going on his own
  • Options
    Originally posted by blonde__batman
    im sorry but thats a bit harsh. just because she doesnt want to go to the doctors on her own doesnt mean she isnt ready for sex. my dad is 50 for gods sake and he still hates going on his own
    Like I said, sorry to be harsh. She's moaning about her mum finding out she had sex. IMO there are two ways she can avoid this, 1.Grow up a little bit and go on her own, this way she can tell the doc what he needs to know to help her OR 2.Lie to the doc cos her mum is there and possibly get the wrong treatment.
    Maybe I was a bit harsh in the way I said it but these, in my opinion, are the only two options for her. I know I would opt for choice 1, for the sake of her health in getting the correct treatment.