Home General Chat
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Aged 16-25? Share your experience of using the discussion boards and receive a £25 voucher! Take part via text-chat, video or phone. Click here to find out more and to take part.
Options

MTV VMA's...

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
edited January 2023 in General Chat
No one's mentioned the MTV video music awards. What did you think of it?
I was happy that Chris Rock was presenting it, but he wasn't as funny as he was a few year's ago (still funny though).
He made me laugh though when coldplay finished performing 'The Scientist', and he said "Well ..... I hope you didn't slit your wrist to that one".
Post edited by JustV on

Comments

• Options
    I've only watched the first hour or so of it (just wanted to see afi getting their award :blush: )
    I think Chris Rock made a good presenter. Wonder how long MTV are gonna play it out everyday :rolleyes:
  • Options
    probably for the rest of the week, taking up valuable late night time slots :rolleyes: but seriously, the performances this year were a bit of a let down, and did anyone else see think that JT looked like a total twat when they had the camera on him during the xtina/madge/brit routine?
  • Options
    I only watched the first hour because I had to be up this morning. I'm going to watch the rest if its on tonight and no doubt it will be.
  • Options
    Originally posted by *Lisa*
    I'm going to watch the rest if its on tonight and no doubt it will be.

Yeah it is. On again at 9 tonight.
  • Options
    Originally posted by Dreamer3k
    did anyone else see think that JT looked like a total twat when they had the camera on him during the xtina/madge/brit routine?

Yes!! But I think he looks like a twat anyway so I guess I'm biased. :p
  • Options
    I thought Chris Rock's standup routine at the start was wicked :lol:

The show in general was alright....I thought the Christina Aguilera/Dave Navarro performance was a slightly weird combination...but oh well....its the VMAs :rolleyes:
  • Options
    Also, Adam Sandler and the D O double Gizzle were hilerious at then end when they were talking in Snoop Dogs language.

For shizzle :thumb:
  • Options
    JsTJsT Posts: 18,268 Skive's The Limit
    It'll always be remembered for 'that kiss'. Well, its the only reason I'll remember it... :rolleyes:
  • Options
    i only watched it 4 AFI's award 2. its about time they got some recognition for being that awesome.