Home General Chat
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Aged 16-25? Share your experience of using the discussion boards and receive a £25 voucher! Take part via text-chat, video or phone. Click here to find out more and to take part.
Options

im going to tell you something and i dont want you to get pissed off

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
...because i know i bloody did when it happened. We were at my partner's mum's this morning, he had to be at work for 9 so we got on the bus and trecked into town. We needed socks for Jaz, and some stuff for me to take back to college with me (i so cant wait - im too excited i think), including a pair of black trousers to perform in.

so i went into topshop, found this lovely pair of black trousers, tried them on - everything's fine and dandy there. And then, i go to pay for them, and this girl runs up to me, she's like "no! - you're classed as staff now, you have to get management to serve you!!", so i go and pick up socks for Jazmyn, whilst im waiting for them to come out their meeting (around 11am she said), bearing in mind that i was supposed to be on the bus at 11 - i had a driving lesson at noon.

so i go back, its 11.05, and this girl says she'l go and get management for me, so she disappears for 15 minutes, and im thinking, hang on, i dont think she's coming back. so i venture up myself, disturb a meeting that i was told had finished, management tell me they cant come down now anyway, so im left there, late for my lesson, with screaming child, and a pair of trousers i desperately want but cant purchase myself!!??!!

im pretty peeved, they were really nice and being the impatient person that i am, i wanted to take them home there and then. so alas, this means yet another trip into town tomorrow, which i could have done without. extremely annoying but hey.

the end.

Comments

• Options
    awwww not a good day then hun?

**huggs**
  • Options
    bit fucking weird innit?
  • Options
    how come management has to do it?
  • Options
    well i'll go to the foot of are stairs ...
  • Options
    managment can only do it so that plebby assistants don't help themselves to all sorts of discounts.

also its cus only mangement will know the password for the till to do it.

i'm guessin
  • Options
    Where I work, if we want to make a staff purchase, then we have to get a supervisor to do it for us. You're not allowed to do your own orders with staff discount.
    Bummer of a day for you though. :(

Mr_Wobble ;)
  • Options
    When i used to work in Miss Selfridge, it was the same there, but if the management wasnt available then we could serve them.
  • Options
    You should of just given the money to someone in the shop and got them yo buy them for you- kinda a loophole I think!Though you dont get your discount if you do get one....
  • Options
    You should have just offered to pay full price if you were that desperate for them!

And why would we get pissed off at you telling us this?
  • Options
    nah it werent about my discount, i dont get that until i've been there for four weeks anyway, its just because its such a big store, theres over 70 people who work there, and its estimated that 1 in 3 people will steal something. A till assistant is more than able to slip something into someone's bag without charging them, or to give the customer a discount when they're not entitled to one, or to the customer extra change, or whatever. I wasnt even working on that day, i had just popped in to pick up these trousers.
    molo, there's no password for serving staff, you just do it on your own til number.
    brummy bird, Miss selfridge and Topshop are both part of Arcadia, so I reckon thats why they have the same policy, although if management arent around in topshop, you cant get someone else to do it. which is an arse but hey.
  • Options
    Where I work, although we are not allowed to serve ourselves, we don't need management to serve us! Just any other member of staff.