Home Sex & Relationships
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Aged 16-25? Share your experience of using the discussion boards and receive a £25 voucher! Take part via text-chat, video or phone. Click here to find out more and to take part.
Options

itching

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
i recently had sex with my boyfriend. but after about 20 mins of the sex being over i felt pretty sore and now it feels sore and itchy my discharge is the same that hasnt changed and it doesnt smell and we used condoms whilst having sex. does anyone know what this could be?
would E45 cream help with the itching?
someone please reply and help me out here

Comments

• Options
    Maybe you're allergic to the stuff condoms are made out of?! :S
  • Options
    ok then we used the durex extra safe ones and i ahvent had a reaction like this before when we've had sex
  • Options
    No E45 cream hon - don't use anything there that isn't designed for it.
    Your best bet is to go to a doctor or family planning place & get some professional advice
  • Options
    thing is im only 14. and just want a "quick fix" i "examined" my down below and its at the entrance past the lips there appears to be white stuff if you get what i meen is that normal or not
  • Options
    Maybe you have thrush? Sounds like a long shot, but its possible as it sounds like you have the symptoms...

Check this out and decide for yourself
  • Options
    will thrush go away on its own in time? or do i have to be treated for it o cant talk to my mum about it since we are not talking at the moment and she will go mad. im also on the pill too.
    and i dont really wanna see another doctor especially not about this in case they have to examin me and as i said before im only 14
  • Options
    If you think you have thrush you dont HAVE to tell your mum or anyone really, just nip down to your chemist and buy some canisten once stuff and the next day you will be fine.
    And thrush isnt an std so your mum has no reason to think your having sex, you can get it from nylon panties, tight jeans and using sented soap on ur nether regions.
    But it wont go away in its own time it will only get worse.

TO buy the stuff it costs about a tenner.
  • Options
    re: can't/won't see the doctor?

well, for once, i'm not gonna post anything sarcastic/offensive/plain unfunny and actually be helpful...

you may be underage, but your health is your health and your doctor is your doctor. If you need treatment or advice it is their duty to give it to you. they also can't tell your parents about anything you come to them about - unless you specifically ask them to discuss the issue with your family. if you want anonimity you could go to a family planning clinic and give a false name/address - as long as you use the same name/address to pick up the results of any tests you may need, that is all they need the info for.
    if you really really can't handle talking to some1 face to face, try ringing NHS direct.
  • Options
    so is it definatly thrush then. my mum knows im sexually active thats why she put me on the pill. but i was wondering could it be that im allergic to latex condoms? because i dont have any abnormal discharge and the lips are not red its just itchy and i only get itchy if im moving about otherwise if im sitting down like i am now i dont feel soreness or itchyness
  • Options
    go to the doctors, or the clinic and get some tests done, yes you could have an allergy to latex go there on ur own if you dnt want ur mum to know.
  • Options
    It may be thrush, but you'll only know for sure if it comes from someone qualified. Try calling either of the numbers below if you don't want to go to your doctor.

Brook Advisory Centres
    Advice, counselling and medical help around contraception, pregnancy, abortion and sexual health.
    Telephone: 0800 0185023

Family Planning Association
    Information service on family planning and all aspects of sexual health.
    Helpline: 0845 3101334

:)
  • Options
    I am still getting over thrush. It's such a fucking nightmare. Urgh. So itchy. :\ So sore..and the skin, like..splits..right down the middle between ya lips. AIIIE. :\
  • Options
    when you have thrush is there a lot of white yeast?
    because i just looked again and there is barely any so im thinking that that is normal, also theres no "fishy" smell its just my normal vaginal smell and it doesnt seem red raw so i was wondering could the itchyness just be a reaction to the condom (straight after the sex i felt sore) or could it be that we had sex too "hard or fast"
  • Options
    Think the answer to this one could be Crabs! I aren't too knowledgable on them, but I know my mate caught them off of someone once and they do go away, but it takes a while to get rid of them and I think they just go away after time, although there is probarbly some sort of cream you can use for them. They get passed on through sex, so ask your boyfriend if he has any itchyness as if you have caught them from him he will be itchy too.
  • Options
    ive had that!!

I just went to my doc - told him her told me it was thrush, got a percription, and will be free to you. Dont worrie, just see your doc, you wont need an intranal exam - i didnt.

:) hope ive helped.
  • Options
    Just go to the doctor and get it sorted out, your mum dosen't have to find out.