Home Sex & Relationships
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨

lookin at me

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
Hey i'd really appreciate your views on something if you dont mind.

I really like this girl who works opposite the shop i work in, she knows i fancy her..

I attempteed to ask her out a few months back, and mucked it up due to nerves and havent asked again since, but like since then i tend to look over at her a lot, only because i think shes gorgeous,And she looks back, and it got me thinking, that if she isnt interested in me, (and i checked this out) why does she keep looking over at i assume me, Yes it could be someome else but we have all agreed that, that is doubtful.

I just wondered if any of you could suggest why a girl who seems uninterested in a guy who really likes her always looks back at him, ive even had a few smiles off her ffs,That guy being me of course, i hope what ive said has made somew sense to you,

Your comments are most appreciated thank you.....

Comments

• Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    Re: lookin at me
    Originally posted by rich21
    if she isnt interested in me, (and i checked this out) why does she keep looking over at i assume me
    Checked this out how? And the result???

RNT's simple reply could be one simple option. And could be dead right.
    She also could be wondering why that weirdo in the other shop is always looking at her. :)
    She could be interested in you. Waiting for you to ask. You didn't say how you mucked it up last time. But there's only one way I think you can honestly find out how interested she is, and that's to ask again.

Mr_Wobble ;)

checked it out by going over to the store she works in and asking one of the other girls she works with, (whilst she was busy else where in the shop) if she was still single and if she was still not interested in me,she replied with Yes shes still single, and sorry yeh shes still not interested, part of me thught, maybe shes lying, but then why wud she lie i thought??, nah she cudnt be lying.

I messed it up first time because i was so nervous, ive since over come many of those nervous but i dont want to annoy her, she knows i fancy her, surely she must realise i REALLY like her because i look at her a lot, i smile at her, She has smiled back to you know.....We've (me and my work m8's) have seen her looking over on the sly also.

So you recon just plain asking her out right is the best thing ??
    It seems to me that she's just aware of the fact that you're looking at her and i have to say, i know myself that when i know someones interested and looking, i cant help but look up to see if they are looking at me. Everyone does it, as RNT said, its all about attention. As well as this, if she was interested, i cant personally understand why she hasnt returned some of your attempts unless she is incredibly shy...
    Sorry, but maybe, just maybe, her friend wasnt lying and she just isnt interested... but i could be wrong... *shrugs*
    HHmm true LadyT very true, but this has gone on for so many months.....Too many months....If you were her wouldnt u just put the guy out of his misery, stop looking back, and just tell me your not interested, cant get clearer than that can you??
    Originally posted by rich21
    HHmm true LadyT very true, but this has gone on for so many months.....Too many months....If you were her wouldnt u just put the guy out of his misery, stop looking back, and just tell me your not interested, cant get clearer than that can you??

Me personally, well yes i would just tell you and put you out of your misery. Unfortunately, not every girl has that same out look. There are, i'm sorry to say, many girls out there who dont care about anyone but themselves and the thought that someone is still interested in them after so long, can give their ego a massive boost. Hence the reason they'd let it drag on and cause you said annoyance/pain. Sowwy :( Maybe you should just cut her loose, forget about her and get yourself someone gorgeous and nice? That way you'll be laughing when she's looking over at you, making a fool of herself cause you're not interested. :)
    If only it wer that easy LadyT im not good at finding a g/f, i get on well with girls but not at findin someone who is interested in me, they dont look past the outside unfortunatlly :(

nvm tho can have hope i spose :(
    me again!

So.........back to this again.
    Im still in the same position as before, can you believe it!

I thought the feelings i had for her had gon, but not so she wasnt at work for nearly a week, i for some reason thought had gotten over her but soon as i saw her it was like fallin for her all over again...
    I still cant speak to her, i feel, feel like something is holding me back, but dont know what :confused:

AND she is still looking over towards myself, Ive started making it vern more obvious that i like her, speciallly as shes got a new look and it soo suits her, she looks gorgeous

:naughty: sorry gettin ahead of myself a bit there :eek:

Anyway just thought id add another bit to this ...
    sorry
    you have to try and ask her out... its the only way you can be sure she isnt interested, then maybe you'll realise that nothing will happen between you both, and you can start moving on, getting over her and starting to take interest in other girls.

Maybe the reason you feel something is holding you back from asking her out is because your scared she'll turn you down... if you dont ask her you'll always think maybe she does like you.. and you dont want the possibility of her liking you to end, as it will if you ask her out and she turns you down.

Go for it, its the best thing to do, and you never know, maybe she does like you...

Good luck! :)
    I cant deny that fact that, yes i am scared she will say no, and reject me..As always is the case. :(

A few of my m8's have said to me have you asked her out, i did at the begining, perhaps that was a mistake s i did it too quickly, who knows, in between that and how it currently is, i have spoken to a girl she works with, this was only about a months or so ago, maybe a bit more, who i asked " is "...." still single to which this girl replied yes, i then asked is "...."still not interested in me, she replied with yes sorry ,Yet theis girl i really like continues to always look over towards my direction when she is in, as does just about every single other female who works there, Which is a bit strange i have to say lol. Anyway

:) I got so desperate at wanting to tell her how ui felt towards her i wrote down on paper how i felt but again i got scared and didnt hand it in to her, its still in my jacket lol,
    thats how shite i am lol

I know this may sound really sad to some one you, but to me it would mean the world if she said yes, IF she did eventually say no rich i am not interested in you, then yes i think that would be enough to make me realise this is the very end, go else where.

I am veyr confused with it all!! :eek2:
    Well the only way I can see of you finding out once and for all is just going over there and asking her direct, not going to one of her friends or workmates.

If you don't, you'll never know for sure and you'll be stuck in this situation for a long time.
    Re :

i know that the only way to find out is to go over, On top of being possibly scared of rejection, and more so, I am shy when it comes to this kinda thing, All be it i mostly get on with people from both sexes when it comes to chatting up females im a complete flop, my nerves get the better of me, The fact im shy has held me back for years abd ive tried to get beyond it but each time it stops me.....But i know that with "..." I must go over and ask her otherwise this will drag on forever...!

:)
    Re :

i know that the only way to find out is to go over, On top of being possibly scared of rejection, and more so, I am shy when it comes to this kinda thing, All be it i mostly get on with people from both sexes when it comes to chatting up females im a complete flop, my nerves get the better of me, The fact im shy has held me back for years abd ive tried to get beyond it but each time it stops me.....But i know that with "..." I must go over and ask her otherwise this will drag on forever...!

:)
    Geezer I don't know whether or not this will help you but I just feel that you need a different outlook on this. You've said that you get on with people from both sexes but that when it comes to chatting up girls you're a flop. With that in mind I'm going to say to you stop thinking you have to chat this girl up, stop thinking you have to do something different just because you like her. Why not treat her (at least until you know each other better!) as you would a friend? Hell, why not ask her out as a friend - next time you're talking to her say something like, "You know, you seem like you would make a nice friend. Would you like to go for a drink sometime so that we can get to know each other?" I know it's easier to give this advice than to go out there and carry it out and I do feel for you, but only YOU can do this for YOURSELF. Unfortunately no-one else is going to ask her out on your behalf. Don't it suck being a guy sometimes? ;)
    Originally posted by Powboskie
    Geezer I don't know whether or not this will help you but I just feel that you need a different outlook on this. You've said that you get on with people from both sexes but that when it comes to chatting up girls you're a flop. With that in mind I'm going to say to you stop thinking you have to chat this girl up, stop thinking you have to do something different just because you like her. Why not treat her (at least until you know each other better!) as you would a friend? Hell, why not ask her out as a friend - next time you're talking to her say something like, "You know, you seem like you would make a nice friend. Would you like to go for a drink sometime so that we can get to know each other?" I know it's easier to give this advice than to go out there and carry it out and I do feel for you, but only YOU can do this for YOURSELF. Unfortunately no-one else is going to ask her out on your behalf. Don't it suck being a guy sometimes? ;)

Ooh you know thats like such a great idea thank you very much...I'd never have thought of that myself (hey im a dumbass eh lol :lol: )
    But i can see where your coming from,And it makes total sense as well, I have been lookin at it from the wrong point of view and havent seen it...But thanks all the same...
    As im working 2moro and i know she will be in, and as hard as it is to do, perhaps i should try to put that into action, go over and treat her as a friend, and say what you said up there......

:):) :thumb:
    :love:
    :heart: