Home Drink & Drugs
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Options

Codine(sp)

Ive been given this stuff (codine(sp)) by the docs and i was wondering if it could affect the pill?

and also

if i were to sell it how much could i get away with charging?
Beep boop. I'm a bot.

Comments

• Options
    Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    Codeine is an opiate. It's converted into morphine in the brain.

I shouldn't think it would affect the pill. Did you mention to the doctors that you were on the pill?

What dose (mg) are the pills? Do they actually contain any acetaminophen (paracetamol) or any aspirin?

Think the dose for a good codeine euphoria is about 50-70mg, but if they contain a lot of acetaminophen or aspirin, this will be to prevent people abusing the codeine for a sedated high.

Obviosuly selling them isn't advised if you were prescribed them, but if you are set on it, check what levels of acetaminophen/aspirin they have (if any) before you do sell them, you don't want to be selling people high doses of codeine only to find they've been poisoned by these.
  • Options
    It turns into 10% morphine by weight, isnt that the ratio? I think so.

As for the dose, I'd say that 50mg would be a bit on the small side, maybe 100-150mg. Look on the packet and they will give you a ratio, normaly something like 30,40,50 or 60mg codine with 500mg paracetamol.

Taking more than 1500mg of paracetamol in one go is just plain stupid, you'll nacker your liver/kidneys something nasty.

You can extract the codine from the pills, however I'm not sure I'm allowed to tell you how. www.erowid.org has detailed info. Be bloody careful though, I know friends who have over done paracetamol and it is VERY ugly.

As for selling them, I'd doubt you'd be able to get anything for them, its not worth the bother, they can be bought over the counter anyway. No serious doper would pay for them.

That and we all bloody paid for those meds, the NHS is paid for and is for ALL of us. I find the idea of you scamming the NHS objectionable.
  • Options
    Originally posted by bongbudda
    I find the idea of you scamming the NHS objectionable.

That was my sisters b/f idea, he said that they were sellable, yea they do contain paracetamol so maybe its not a good idea.

but is it normal for them to give me headaches?
  • Options
    Whether they are sellable depends a lot on the dose, if you've been given 60mg ones then you might be able to, but again, I think its really not a great idea.

As for giving you headaches, well some people dont like codine and dont get on with it.

What mg are they per pill and how often are you using them?
  • Options
    i take one a day with anti inflamities for my knees, and its 30mg of codine phosphate and 500mg of paracetamol. so maybe sellign them is a bad idea.
  • Options
    You wont find anyone wanting to part money for those, you can buy ones with 12.8mg over the counter.
    What anti-inflamatories are you on, you might find that actualy Nurofen Max would be better than what you've been prescribed, however ibroprofen doesnt mix with some anti-inflamatories.

One 30mg codine pill a day really wont make a great deal of difference to your pain, codine only lasts about 2 hours.
  • Options
    i find that what im on now helps more than ibroprofen ever did at one point i was taking 4800mg of it a day and it wasnt touching the pain. But now with what im on its helping more, but im starting off on small dose's cos i dnt want to get constipation.....which is what the doc said i could get if i take to much.
  • Options
    You do NOT want to be taking that much ibruprofen, you'll give yourself stomach ulcers among many other nasty things.

The reason I was suggesting Neurofen Max is because it contains 200mg brufen plus 12.8mg of codine, therefore two tablets of that would be preaty much 30mg of codine and the brufen would help the pain more than 500mg paracetamol.

Yes you do get constipation with opiates, its easy enough to get rid of though, just have some coffee or 1000mg of vit C.
  • Options
    Selling them wouldn't be a good idea, and we don't encourage it, or any discussion of how to go about it on our boards.

We're about harm reduction, not making a quick buck

Susie :)
  • Options
    sorry suise i wont do it again
  • Options
    Originally posted by Zella
    sorry suise i wont do it again

A likely story. :p