Home Sex & Relationships
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨

Brides Abroad?

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
Just got Sky on and there's a programme called Brides Abroad - they're showing these guys going to other countries to meet women for the purpose of marriage and starting a family cos they're having no luck in the UK.

Girls how do you feel about this foriegn competition?

Guys what do you think of the idea?

Personally one thing that really bugs me is guys going to places like Russia and trying to hook up with the women over there when they've made no effort at all to learn the language - not even hear one guy learn a few basics. They speak through an Interpretator constantly and between then they have to decide if they're right for each other.

If I was planning to go to Russia to meet a bride I'd at least enrol myself in some Russian courses at college or evening classes first before making the trip!!

Comments

• Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    Here it's usually associated with "truck drivers" to find themselves brides like that. Although I am in no way implying that truck drivers are in the majority of doing it or anything of that sort.

But really, I wouldn't look at it as a competition. I mean, I don't think I'd want to hook up with a guy like that because somehow I get the feeling that many of these women end up having to serve the dudes a lot.

I've however got nothing to support that, and may therefore be completely wrong about it all. =) But bottom line is that no, I don't feel threatened by guys fetching themselves russian brides instead of me. :p:D
    A Russian bride or my next door neighbour, what's the difference? If I wanted the dude I'd be just as annoyed if either of the aforementioned caught him instead of me. ;)

Edited: Because it's too late and I'm having trouble thinking.