Home Sex & Relationships
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Options

Losing Your Friends To Marriage

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
Is anyone here getting to the stage where they are losing their friends one by one as they meet someone and get married?

Now I hardly see the friends that got married and where as before we'd go clubbing and stuff - they now do things with their wives or with other married couples or each other's inlaws.

I'm sure I'd probabay do a similar thing when (or if) I ever got married but right now I'm on the other side of things, although most of my friends are older then myself so I quite understand it.

Comments

• Options
    Only one of my friends is married, but most of the others, esp all the girls, are in very long term relationships and may aswell be married so I know what you mean. They never seem to want to go out cos they're always with their other halves. It's annoying, but there's not much you can do. I still invite them out and occasionaly they do leave the house! I still have a few mates, even though I'm not as close to them as the 'married' ones, who are single so I spend most of my time with them really.
  • Options
    You know what it's like being in a relationship. If it's a good one then you probably want to spend all your time together to the exclusion of everyone else. I guess it's about balance though and my girlfriend and I, although in a fairly long term relationship, still go out with our friends as we did in the past.

I think people in relationships have to be careful how they manage their time - if you alienate your friends and your relationship goes wrong, you might have no-one to turn to.
  • Options
    Make more friends!! many of my 30 something friends are married and we have seen less of eachother as a result but I have a whole set of new 20 something friends who are cool!