Home Sex & Relationships
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Options

Please, I really need help

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
Ok Ive Fancied this girl for over 7 months, for 6 months of that time shes had a boyfriend ( who is my best mate ) shes finally come out of the relationship ( 1 week ago ) and said that she liked me.
I said i didnt want anything to happen yet because of my mate, And like 30 minutes ago my mate rang up crying his eyes out saying how the girl i fancy ( Louise ) had been slagging him off and saying how much he needed me at the moment
I dont wanna hurt my mate by going out with louise but i dont wanna miss the opportunity with her ..
Help?

Thanx

Comments

• Options
    Give it a while, if this girl really likes you. She will wait.

If after that time, your mate has gone out with other gir. You can safely go out with this girl cos he's moved on.

*Life is never this simple and you'll end up pissing someone off, but still go for it!*:)
  • Options
    NoNoNoNoNo don't go out with her. Admittedly it's more girls who have a problem with this i think, but if one of my mates went near a boy i fancied i would kick right off. A mate kissed my ex 3 weeks after we split up and i still haven't forgiven her for that - i was actually over him but the thing is she didn't know that!

I think you should leave it for a while, look after your mate and see how it goes.
  • Options
    If you seriously think she is worth losing a mate over then go for it because if you do go and date her then you have just lost a mate......so its up to you really :)
    Bear in mind mud sticks so people could still see you as a twat for doing what you did to you mate, even in a couple of years time they will remember that you went out with your mates ex moreorless straight away, they will also be *thinking* was that why she dumped him because you two had maybe been seeing each other.

I reckon your best letting her go and meet someone who has no ties with any of your mates :)
  • Options
    Wow, didnt expect this amount of replys late at night, But Thanks alot, ive just spoken to my mate and hes complaining about the under-amount of baccy hes got ? lol?
    But i think ill leave it for a while until we are all ready to deal with things e.t.c.
    But please more help is needed if possible?

Thanks
  • Options
    Thanks For this help, I Appreciate it.
    Ive decided im gonna give it a while, wait till there both friends again and hes over her cos i dont wanna take sides or upset anyone cos thats not what i'd like to happen to be honest.
    Anymore Help would be appreciated

Thanks
  • Options

There is kind of an unwritten rule that I stick to (along most of the people I know) in that you should NEVER go with a mates ex...

Too many emotions involved unless it has been a matter of years or something...

I still have never copped with a mates ex...

Too complicated and not worth losing a friend over - especially seeing as they broke up a week ago.

Walk away...