Home General Chat
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨

guitar help

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
edited January 2023 in General Chat
does anyone know a site where i can biew the pentatonic scales in number format, i can't understand the dots thingy, also, does anyone know how to tap on the guitar or what settings u need on ur amp for it to work, it always sounds crappy wen i try it.
Post edited by JustV on

Comments

• Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    How did you not understand the dots thingy? :eek:
    It's the single simplest diagram in existance!

OK, the big thick line on the left it the (guitar head), the six horizontal lines are your strings, the vertical lines are the frets and the dots are where your fingers go. They're usually numbered, which relate to your fingers:
    1 = index finger
    2 = middle finger
    3 = ring finger
    4 = little finger

Unless there's a different dots thingy out there?
  • Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    If you want guitar help, go to a guitar site. Not this site.

You can search for them out there, but i recommend:

www.ultimate-guitar.com

And then post all your questions in the forum and you'll get loadsa help there.

There are others like MXtabs but i'm on that one. And you don't get annoying pop ups.

Also try www.cyberfret.com, www.about.com, www.guitartab.net, www.tabcrawler.com.

They all have examples.

As for tapping, it sounds odd on an acoustic, otherwise turn up your overdrive or distortion, and it'll sound better. It might be bc you're tapping the wrong places.