Home Health & Wellbeing
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Options

weight

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
i'm 17 yrs of age but i'm only 9 stone and i'm very skinny, the problem is is that i eat like a horse, usually i'd have 8 slices of toast, 2 bowls of cereal, a dinner, a lunch and a snack before i go to bed, yet i do not get a little bit fat or gain weight, i get alot of slagging at home for being this skinny and every thinks i don't eat which is the total opposite, whats wrong

Comments

• Options
    some people are just built that way.

if you've always been skinny it's probably just your natural weight.
  • Options
    My friends like this, she eats and eats and eats and never puts on any weight. Maybe you have a high motabolism (sp?) or like Kaffrin said it's just you're natural weight!
  • Options
    I went through the same, and it's surprisingly annoying.

I remember always envying women who used to complain that they were too fat :rolleyes:

Yeah, now I'm 19 years old and weight 11 stone, so I seem to have fallen out of that skill now. :)

Just keep going, in the next few years you'll start putting weight on, don't worry. Just watch for putting on too much.
  • Options
    dont woryy, if you keep eating like a horse, your metabolism will slow down as you age and you will get fat

i suggest cutting it down now, so that you dont eat so much when your older
  • Options
    you're 17 and probably have loads of growth hormones in your system .. which is like a master hormones and effects the entire body.

HGH or Human growth Hormone is being promoted as the new way to lose weight, gain muscle, etc .. guess at 17 you have loads of it.

You couls also have an over active thyroid gland, you can sometime ell if a person has one by looking at their face, i.e. bulging eyes, a certain kinda look about them.

look it up on the net.
  • Options
    you're only 17 so you've got quite a few years to grow yet. some guys are naturally skinny though. if you want to change this then go to the gym to build up some muscle, and eat more protein.
  • Options
    Originally posted by rachie004
    Why are you complaining? I'm 17 and weigh 8 to 8 and a half stone

yeh but he's a bloke!
  • Options
    Originally posted by ~*STRESSED*~
    What do you lot think about the Atkins diet?

it's dangerous.

best way to lose weight is to eat regular, healthy meals and up your exercise.
  • Options
    I mean what good is your health if you're not thin?

yes. because if your not thin, you cant be healthy. :yeees:
  • Options
    Re: weight
    Originally posted by turlough
    i'm 17 yrs of age but i'm only 9 stone and i'm very skinny, the problem is is that i eat like a horse, usually i'd have 8 slices of toast, 2 bowls of cereal, a dinner, a lunch and a snack before i go to bed, yet i do not get a little bit fat or gain weight, i get alot of slagging at home for being this skinny and every thinks i don't eat which is the total opposite, whats wrong

'Fraid we don't have much info specifically for people who can't put on weight, but this feature will tell you all about following a balanced diet - and as long as you're doing that your body will be getting everything it needs.
    :)
  • Options
    Im 15 and weigh 13 stone. I wish I could be like that and I hardly eat anything.

My cuz went on the Atkins diet and was advised by her Doc to come off it. Dont go there.
  • Options
    My sister and my mum are on a diet from a book called Curb the Carbs, apparently it is nothing as severe as the atkins diet, but more about eating the right kind of carbs and not the ones that u get in processed foods etc. I haven't looked into it myself yet but they are doing really well on it and feel great. It sounds more sensible than atkins diet. Don't know if any of you know this one

:)
  • Options
    almost 18, m, 5'8, 125lbs

lanky and proud :)
  • Options
    Im 19 and my natural body shape is slightly chunky, I dont believe you can dramatically reshape your body so instead i went the other direction and built up the muscle.

Overweight is a crap measurement. I weigh 14.5 stone which is just overweight for my height (5'10), but my ratio of fat to muscle is really low. Because I replaced the fat in my body with more dense muscle tissue I weigh more but am actually more healthy than the GPs 'overweight' charts show.

edited becuase my grammer is not good
  • Options
    I wanted to chat about the Atkins diet and so I've searched for discussions on it and found this!

Three weeks ago I started doing the Atkins diet...However, there were some things I couldn't give up like wine, tea, sugar in my tea...

However, I haven't had bread pasta or potatoes for 3 weeks and I have lost about 7 pounds. The unfortunate thing is now (despite being a massive toast and potato fan) this diet has made me scared of Carbohydrates!!

I don't feel any ill effects from not having these things so I'm thinking that a low carb diet is actually quite an effective way of losing and maintaining weight, just so long as you don't go overboard!!
  • Options
    Originally posted by byny
    I wanted to chat about the Atkins diet and so I've searched for discussions on it and found this!

Did you see the sticky at the top of the page?