Home Sex & Relationships
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Options

body confidence

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
how confident say on a scale of one to ten are you confident with your body? i no no-ones entireley happy with there body (theres always summat you wanna change) but in sexual relationships how do you feel when your starkers?

my varies, if im in a relationship (after the initial first few fumbles!) i'd say im way up on 8-9, i dont mind trotting round the house starkers with my b/f.
also i find when im in a relationship i dont seem to care as much what the other sex think of me so ill quite happily stroll around in my bikini or little hotpants and not care what anyone thinks.

this maybe why when you've got a partner you get loads more people interested in ya because you feel and act a lot more confident.

when im not in a relationship i'd say i was around a 5-6 because i try to impress lads more and always nearly feel self concious about summat.

so lads and lasses how body confident are you on a scale of one to ten?

Comments

• Options
    hmmm :chin:
    i think probably at the moment im a 7 or an 8, as im in a relationship with a great guy :love:
    wen im single it depends, its about a 5 or 6 normally, but if ive just been hurt/messed about by a guy, then it goes down to about 3 :(
  • Options
    im 10.
  • Options
    Originally posted by Bomberman444
    im 10.

very confident then eh
    how confident would you be stripped naked and tied to a lampost? would u still be a 10? :D
  • Options
    Normally 2-3. And haven't had a boyfriend since october... felt the same then.. prolly worse :S

Ilora x
  • Options

:yeees:
  • Options
    On a serious note...probably about 2/3
  • Options
    confidence and my body do not, I repeat do not.....and they never have...I get over it though and push it out of my mind. Its strange cos im full of confidence to the brim in just about most things. One extreme to another :rolleyes:
  • Options
    Originally posted by sar's the lady
    very confident then eh
    how confident would you be stripped naked and tied to a lampost? would u still be a 10? :D

Yup! Assuming my missus was still around to tell me how great I am :D
  • Options
    Re: body confidence
    Originally posted by sar's the lady
    my varies, if im in a relationship (after the initial first few fumbles!) i'd say im way up on 8-9, i dont mind trotting round the house starkers with my b/f.
    also i find when im in a relationship i dont seem to care as much what the other sex think of me so ill quite happily stroll around in my bikini or little hotpants and not care what anyone thinks.

That is very true! I'd say I used to be about a 2 then when I was with my ex probably a 7 or 8, I'm back down to a 4 I'd say at the moment cos I've only beeing seeing this fella for a couple of weeks so is still all a bit :blush:
  • Options
    3ish, depending on my mood. I don't much like how I look.
  • Options
    On the whole, I'd say about an 8. Sometimes rising almost to a 10 when in a relationship and I'm feeling good about myself. There are things I'd like to change, but I don't let them get to me, and don't think about them.

Mr_Wobble ;)
  • Options
    About 6.

Maybe 8 or 9 when I'm flattering it with nice clothes and/or underwear, unless there are too many gorgeous other girls around.

But only about 6 when naked. Or possibly less. My boyfriend does try to put that right with excessive flattery, and it's slowly building up my confidence, but I'm not great.
  • Options
    Originally posted by Young and sexy
    On a serious note...probably about 2/3

Dunno why!You have got a nice pair ;)

I would say 5-6 when single.

But when im in a relationship about 8-9.
  • Options
    id say i was a 5 or 6

depends who im with :)
  • Options

I'm tall and skinny.
  • Options
    Between 4 and 8 depending on if my confidence has been knocked.
  • Options
    I'm a very confident person all in all, and people have said to me before how confident I am. I think I'm a perfect example of how confidence can be seen by others and can be very attractive to the opposite sex because I'm no oil painting but I manage to get my fair share of girls. So just normally I would say 10.

When in bed though I'll never walk around in total buff in-front of my GF, obviously in bed and doing the deeds then I'm naked but other than that I will always have my boxers on. Don't know whether this has anything to do with confidence or just been a bit uncomfortable about it. So I'd probably say 8-9.
  • Options
    I definitely rate my body a 10. I am much more happy with my body than my face for example. But then i';d give my face a 9.5. I kid I kid.

10 for body though yeh - Although there is always room for improvement.
  • Options
    Probably about 5 out of 10. The fact that I've never been in a relationship is something that slightly lowers this score below what it would normally be however (i.e. I worry that there must be something wrong with me because I've never had a bird)
  • Options
    Umm....I'd feel more confident with underwear or clothes on than I would naked :yeees: :yes:

I don't have a blokey, but I can imagine that if I did, that my confidence body-wise would be a tad higher than it is now.

Right now, I'm wearing my work uniform, mis matching underwear...and feel a bit bloated. Thus, I shall say that at the moment, I'm on 0 :rolleyes:

However, I expect this to change when I get dressed up in my gladrags to go out on the piss later on :D
  • Options
    I really don't like my body and there are loads of things i'd change but still reckon i'd give myself about 6 out of 10. You only look worse if you worry about it. agree with most ppl though definately feel more confident in a relationship and not as worried about what others thought.
  • Options
    i'd say 7 ...i reckon i'm pretty skinny but theres fuck all you can do about it so .....screw it .....doesnt matter :)
  • Options
  • Options
    I'm about a 5, cos I'm in a long term relationship but I'm not as confident as I want to be, even with my boyfriend. He's always telling me things to make me feel better which is slowly building my confidence up because before it was about a 2. I don't feel confident naked infront of my boyfriend, I'd much rather be wearing underwear infront of him.
  • Options
    Originally posted by urban
    i'd say 7 ...i reckon i'm pretty skinny but theres fuck all you can do about it so .....screw it .....doesnt matter :)

I'd debate that. There are things you can do about it, such as exercise and making sure you're eating enough of the right things, though it's true that there's no point in trying to force yourself to bulk up (you could do steroids but you don't want to go there!) and it's a lot, lot easier to lose weight than gain it. And it doesn't matter too much, I mean if if it really mattered, skinny lads would pump themselves full of steroids, and we all know what happens then.
  • Options
    Originally posted by RNT
    10 all the way babeh :cool:
    I agree but thsta enough from me now ;)
  • Options
    It's kinda wierd... at home, by myself I dont think i look that bad, so 7-8..

But around other my age, it's like 2 or 3... I cant help it and its really annoying lol.

Any advice? :eek2:
  • Options
    about a 2. i absoutly hate my body. i will rarely have sex with a guy in light, or in a place where my body can be seen unless i'm *very* comfortable with him. in fact, getting me naked is like fucking impossible for most guys
  • Options
    I'd say about 7-8..cause I do hate my tum. :\ It's not huge, but a podge..ish.
  • Options
    errm i go down the gym so i could and should say im happy with my body but some days i just think, omg you skinny freak. But then again most people have issues with there bodies irregardless. I bet Arnie had issues even when he was already muscley, hence the reason he was always striving to get bigger.

I do think however that its worse from a womens perspective. Women tend to be more self conscious of there bodies than men. This observation comes from 3 ex's and a current gf who always seem to be scared to get nudy even tho im telling them they look good. eh go figure.