Home Work & Study
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨

Students: Possibly the laziest, most arrogant people on earth..

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
edited March 27 in Work & Study
...And how proud I am to be one! :D

:rolleyes:
Post edited by JustV on

Comments

• Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    Re: Students: Possibly the laziest, most arrogant people on earth..
    Originally posted by z0ma

Same :D not sure about arrogant, just lazy.
    I am sorry but i think i have to disagree with that one, my course as a teacher requires me to work on the job 2 days a week and be in uni every other day, also we are required to attend extra lectures during the holidays, and work with school during this time, when we are not some students have to work to stop debt, Arrogant, no..i dont think so, being a teacher means you have to be very unselfish and very child focused, you have to have a good personality and most students are probably more caring than people who are money money monety centered!
    :D
    Re: Students: Possibly the laziest, most arrogant people on earth..
    Originally posted by z0ma

ACH - but its just a phase they go through - before you know it todays students will be cursing tomorrows!!
    Originally posted by *DEVIL*
    I am sorry but i think i have to disagree with that one, my course as a teacher requires me to work on the job 2 days a week and be in uni every other day, also we are required to attend extra lectures during the holidays, and work with school during this time, when we are not some students have to work to stop debt, Arrogant, no..i dont think so, being a teacher means you have to be very unselfish and very child focused, you have to have a good personality and most students are probably more caring than people who are money money monety centered!
    :D
    In fairness a lot of degrees, especially science degrees are far harder than teacher training. Two of my friends find that although teacher training is hard work, they have lots of fun and enjoy it a lot. Not many students actively enjoy their work load!
    Originally posted by BumbleBee
    In fairness a lot of degrees, especially science degrees are far harder than teacher training. Two of my friends find that although teacher training is hard work, they have lots of fun and enjoy it a lot. Not many students actively enjoy their work load!

Are they doing the B ed or the PGCE?

Im doing Ba ed and although i enjoy it, I find it bloody hard work!

My mate who is doing a science degree finished two weeks before me for easter so she had 5 weeks to study for 6 exams which were spaced out over a month. whereas my course I had 3 weeks off for Easter, where i had to revise for 6 exams which were over a period of 3 days and also start planning lessons for my block teaching practice which started the day after my last exam.