Home Work & Study
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Options

those who've applied for uni at the last minute!

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
edited March 27 in Work & Study
hey everyone,

i'm new to these boards and could really do with a bit of advice. i haven't applied to ucas at all this year, and i've only just decided that i'd really love to start uni in september. i've sent off a request for a ucas application form and should get that in a few days. then it'd be a matter of sending my clearing form off before the september 20th deadline.

has anyone done this before? did things run smoothly? i'm most worried about tuition fees/student loans. would i just fill in the HE1 and HE2 forms as soon as i'd got confirmation of a place? i'm not sure how much of a deadline uni's give you for paying the tuition fees. i'd hopefully be going to a uni close to my city centre, so haven't got the added headache of finding accomodation. i'd love a bit of advice and reassurance from those who have been in the same boat please :)
Post edited by JustV on

Comments

• Options
    i applied for a place 2 weeks before the clearing deadline, and got in fine.... no problems.

the only thing that will be delayed, is if you are applying for a student loan, you won't get it for a while after the term starts.

didn't affect me, cause i lived at home and didn't get a loan.

and my uni were really flexible with the tuition fees. i explained my situation and they gave me an extension period so i wouldn't get charged late fees...
  • Options
    depending on when my form arrives, i'll have about three weeks to get everything sorted - i think that'll be alright. i'm just hoping there'll still be a place on the course i want to do. i don't have too many qualifications so can only do hnd's.

i think i am gonna get a loan, but the delay will be alright. i'd like to pay my mum a bit each month, plus the rates you pay back a loan really aren't that bad.

ahh how i love racing against the clock ;)