Home Sex & Relationships
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Aged 16-25? Share your experience of using the discussion boards and receive a £25 voucher! Take part via text-chat, video or phone. Click here to find out more and to take part.
Options

holidays...

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
is it just me or am i the only one who believes that its not right to have holiday flings when you have someone back home, and will stick to it,even with straight up offers with a hottie,id say no!(maybe get the number if shes from near you in case you get single ;)) but i wouldnt do anything else

Comments

• Options
    Of course people shouldn't cheat just because they're on holiday.

It doesn't make a difference if you're at home or on the other side of the country, cheating is always just wrong.
  • Options
    I think it's weak and wrong. I've done this; I had a holiday romance when I was already seeing someone at home. It was really wrong of me, but at the same time, I didn't really feel much for the guy at home and I REALLY fell for the guy on holiday. Learnt my lesson from that though, that's the only time I've ever cheated and the guilt was enough to put me off for life.

If you love someone and care about them, you can always say no to holiday flings. I've been on a couple of holidays when my boyfriend's been back at home, and it's sometimes easy to think 'ah, if only I were single...' but it's nothing compared to what you could lose if you did cheat.

I went on a big holiday with loads of girls recently, and it was basically a holiday custom-made for pulling, but when you looked at the girls who cheated on their boyfriends most of them were just miserable and feeling guilty all week. It's really not worth it.
  • Options
    yeh i went on a girly holiday and was seeing someone back home but i met a guy who was also going out with someone. we both fell for each other and it was a really sweet holiday romance, lots of kissing and dancing but no sex or anything like that. i never felt guilty tho and i think my boyf suspected something bcoz he asked me on a numer of occasions if i'd cheated because we hadnt been together that long (couple of months). i never admitted it tho coz i didnt see the point in stirring up trouble.

now my friend on the other hand, she was engaged when she shagged someone on that holiday. i think that is a lot worse because she'd been with him a year and a half, and she's still with him a year later.

i don't really know what the point in this post was. yes i do believe flings are wrong but when you're not in a serious relationship they can happen so easily because there isn't the commitment there like there is when you're in love.
  • Options
    Lipsy. It's not really worse, it's just the same. Cheating is cheating. :(

Mr_Wobble ;)
  • Options
    I dont see how it matters if you are going out with someone for 4 years or 4 days. You still decided to go out with them and be faithful!