Home Drink & Drugs
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Options

Mushroom season

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
when is mushroom season in n.ireland?

september time or so?
plus where would be the best place to look for them...like what are the best settings for them?

Comments

• Options
    Re: Mushroom season
    Originally posted by Shogun
    when is mushroom season in n.ireland?

september time or so?
    plus where would be the best place to look for them...like what are the best settings for them?

September/October time yeah.

The best place would be on an un-cut wet/damp hillside preferably with plenty of sheep or cows to encourage them to grow. Or just generally anywhere where the land is quite damp, and the grass is un-cut.

Never been picking before, quite looking forward to it, think one night a few mates are gonna go camping in the middle of nowhere with many-a 'shroom, and have a hell of a good night.:D
  • Options
    I'd say in N.Ireland it will be soonish and then in southern england a bit later, due to the weather.
  • Options
    I CANT FUCKING WAIT!!!!!! I LOVE THIS TIME A YEAR FOR THAT REASON AND THAT REASON ALONE!
  • Options
    I'd be well up for taking a few days out to go and look for mushrooms but, those of you that have done it before, are you never apprehensive about picking the wrong type and getting really ill? I mean is it easy to distinguish which ones are the good ones?
  • Options
    SHROOOOOOOMS

My local golf course is great for mushies. One year we picked two bin-bags worth of shrooms and brewed up loads of mushie tea. Was selling it to folk for a couple of quid a bottle. Until the headmaster found out and lectured us on the dangers of selling drugs. There was no proof only hearsay so we got away with it.
  • Options
    ah yes, tis the time for mushies, should be trying some philosophers stone this saturday if the weathers ok, typical tho its sposed to rain after all this unusually good british summer.....well fingers crossed, they should arrive in the post on friday, its only the 3rd time and i am yet to experience anything major, might up the dosage what does everyone else recommend? have only tried dried ones and did 1.5g the first time and 2g the second time....bear in mind they're fresh but philosophers stone are different anyways because they just look like black balls apparently, not mushy like normal fresh ones. oh :yes:
  • Options
    Tim, if your worried about picking the wrong ones then check out erwoid and the shroomery before you go, and always play it safe, its better not to risk it.
  • Options
    the moors in n.wales are very popular ...haven't spotted the usual hoards of pickers so i don't think they are up yet.
    go for a stroll on the moors mate.
  • Options
    Originally posted by apollo_69
    ah yes, tis the time for mushies, should be trying some philosophers stone this saturday if the weathers ok, typical tho its sposed to rain after all this unusually good british summer.....well fingers crossed, they should arrive in the post on friday, its only the 3rd time and i am yet to experience anything major, might up the dosage what does everyone else recommend? have only tried dried ones and did 1.5g the first time and 2g the second time....bear in mind they're fresh but philosophers stone are different anyways because they just look like black balls apparently, not mushy like normal fresh ones. oh :yes:

i take it your talking about truffles here, 2g is a very weak dose no offense, try eating 10g of so of them and see how good it is.
    Whenever i done them i ate 8g and have no complaints whatsoever about them :D