Home General Chat
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨

Why Good Charlotte Must Die...

BillieTheBotBillieTheBot Posts: 8,721 Bot
edited January 2023 in General Chat
Quite simply, theyre frauds. They say they sing live at Reading, so Id love to know how they can then explain the presence of these babies. An autotuner basically changes the pitch of the singer's voice if theres a flat note- its not real singing if one is used.

The abuse they got at reading is entirely deserved. And they slag off Britney for "cheating"...
Beep boop. I'm a bot.
Post edited by JustV on

Comments

• Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    they should die a horrible horrible death and never play again

:thumb:
    although thats bad, really really bad, they should die for more reasons before that one :p
  • JsTJsT Posts: 18,268 Skive's The Limit
    I've never liked them anyway, this was mearly another nail in their coffin!

And shouldn't this be in Entertainment? :p
    i've never really paid much attention to that band, but they're supposed to be one of those, oh, back to my poor growing up roots, more power to the different and whatever else... then i saw a video of theirs and all it is is "beautiful" skimply dressed girls with "punky" boys, as if you can get any more video conformed than that... all they needed was dancing.
  • JsTJsT Posts: 18,268 Skive's The Limit
    Originally posted by my_name
    i've never really paid much attention to that band, but they're supposed to be one of those, oh, back to my poor growing up roots, more power to the different and whatever else... then i saw a video of theirs and all it is is "beautiful" skimply dressed girls with "punky" boys, as if you can get any more video conformed than that... all they needed was dancing.

An American version of Busted. If your gonna do punk, you need to do it right, and Good Charlotte and Busted don't.
    Originally posted by JsT
    An American version of Busted. If your gonna do punk, you need to do it right, and Good Charlotte and Busted don't.

:yes:

but in my opinion punk's not my taste in music
    Originally posted by JsT

as in they should have done it about 15 years ago :p
    Originally posted by JsT

Maybe people actually like these bands and not proper punk? Yeah, I know, KeRazy idea :rolleyes:
    Disclaimer: I dont condone liking Good Charlotte
    at reading they were just crap, thank god they only played for 30mins,not 50!!

they knew people wuld throw bottles at them and made jokes out of it but you know they didnt enjoy it one bit :D

more annoying my girl mate who likes them was :( after seeing them leave early, damn made it harder for me to get her happy! :P
    Originally posted by my_name
    as in they should have done it about 15 years ago :p

as in they should have done it 25 years ago.

in london.
    Bands like Good Charlotte and Busted aren't rock, I don't care what anyone says. It's guitar pop. I quite like some of Busted's songs but I refuse to hear them described as 'rock' sfssgsduhfsodhgshg. :mad:
    That explains Evanescence's and Avril Lavigne's absolutely awful attempts at singing live then.
    Their albums are great, lovely srtong voices, can hold a note...
    Singing live... the complete opposite. Bloody crap.

Argh... Now I know why recording studio's seem to be miraculous :rolleyes:

Ilora x
    It's not that easy to sound good in a recording session, as I found out recently, but then they can do all sorts of things to your voice afterwards. It's amazing how much difference just a bit of echo and reverb can make, and then you can change the pitch of notes and so on, until it's just how you want it. Singing live is a completely different talent to singing in a studio, I think. There are some artists who actually sound better live, in my opinion, such as Dido. I didn't think much of her until I went to one of her concerts, but she was impressively good live.
    i know this is random, but i want to bitch about this because its quite similar. i had a bunch of dead kennedy vinyls, i went out to buy some cd's of theirs for easier listening and i noticed that all of them said that they were now digitally remastered. thinking none different i bought them, only to find out that in fact, they are so different. its not the same raw real music that i liked, its...well, its remastered, and its quite dissapointing. i've noticed the same with other bands too... oh what is things coming too... :crying:
    i really like good charlotte, even if they do use a voice pitcher, they still make good music which makes me wanna bang my head to

\m/
    *actually really quite likes Good Charlotte*

*runs to hide pointing out that she DEFINITELY doesn't like Busted!*
    Good Charlotte?

They're shit.
    Sorry Matadore, this isn't Politics and Debate :p
    Originally posted by jake0
    i really like good charlotte, even if they do use a voice pitcher, they still make good music which makes me wanna bang my head to

\m/

You want good pop-punk? Try Green Day.
    Please don't lynch me.... Good Charlotte and Busted are OK on the rare occasion I want to listen to something relaly phenomenally cheesy! (But, then again, I have fairly diverse tastes in music)

Anyhoo, I don't mind the bands per se - I do object to them calling themselves "rock" or "punk rock" (it's sick and wrong!), and I really dislike all the GC / Busted / Avril Lavigne fans who are just following a trend and buy all their "customised" jeans, dog collars, etc. from Claire's Accessories and Top Shop!

I don't do the dog collar thing myself, incidentally, I'm often told I "don't dress like a rock fan" and get v. annoyed when ppl refuse to believe I like the Chilis (for example) just because I don't go round in a Californication hoodie and my summer music schedule relies more heavily on the Proms season than the festival season... :banghead:

Grrrrrrrrr, stupid rock fans who think you have to look the part to listen to the music. :mad:

Rant over!

Picc.
    xxx
    Originally posted by *x*l'il miss socks*x*
    *actually really quite likes Good Charlotte*

me too, but i don't really think of them as a rock band anyway & i dont see why everyone cares about bands trying to be something they're not. It doesn't make a difference to me if Good Charlotte or Avril or Busted are trying to be punk or rock or whatever, if i like the song then i like the song.

However, i do agree with that >
    and I really dislike all the GC / Busted / Avril Lavigne fans who are just following a trend and buy all their "customised" jeans, dog collars, etc. from Claire's Accessories and Top Shop!
    I get annoyed when people claim to be rock fans or whatever but really have no idea about that kinda music and are obviously just copying the 'fashion'
    have you ever sung live for a long period of time in successive days?
    when we did this for about 3 weeks, my voice was completely gone and i could barely talk, let alone sing in tune, in my opinion, ok, it's bad that they're professional singers and need autotuners, but on the other hand, its just like an accountant using a calculator instead of doing mental arithmetic.