Home Drink & Drugs
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Options

shops, robbers and video tape

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
The program is about voilence in a city, where the violence is fuelled by drink! Its all on cctv. So where is the logic on cracking down on drugs liek ecstacy, where you do not get these problems?

Comments

• Options
    Headfuck.

I was just about to post this, watching the program, based in Nottingham. It's pretty fucked up ain't it. Gotta agree with you, surely the police must know whatpeople on ecstasy are like and surely they must know they're incapable of starting fights and all that.

Hmm..does anyone know if there was any truth in the rumour going round a while ago that ecstasy might be downgraded to class B?
  • Options
    Originally posted by z0ma

Hmm..does anyone know if there was any truth in the rumour going round a while ago that ecstasy might be downgraded to class B?

There were talks, but idiots like Leah Betts' parents were 'outraged' and started protesting in papers etc :|
  • Options
    Originally posted by Kiezo
    There were talks, but idiots like Leah Betts' parents were 'outraged' and started protesting in papers etc :|
    I can understand her parents, but they are obviously so unaware of the real facts. If only I caould show them how things really are :(
  • Options
    I seen that program there too, alot of the crime though is based through drinking in every city, no ecstacy user is going to wanna fight at all, they are going to want to hug you, talk shit to you but not fight,no.

vicky;your take her parents out on a night on the town, that should show them the facts of ecstacy :p
  • Options
    Originally posted by Shogun
    I seen that program there too, alot of the crime though is based through drinking in every city, no ecstacy user is going to wanna fight at all, they are going to want to hug you, talk shit to you but not fight,no.

vicky;your take her parents out on a night on the town, that should show them the facts of ecstacy :p
    Sounds like a plan, doesnt it? :p
  • Options
    Originally posted by VinylVicky
    Sounds like a plan, doesnt it? :p

sure does, can i come along? ;)
  • Options
    i watched that programme aswell, it was brilliant, the reason they don't crack down on alcohol is because it is legal and most ppl do it whereas little take ecstacy and they are only trying to get the dealers, did u see them pakistanis, they are crazy bastards, i'd hate to rob one of their shops, grannies chasing after u with a machete shouting arab curse words, scary sht man
  • Options
    Originally posted by turlough
    i watched that programme aswell, it was brilliant, the reason they don't crack down on alcohol is because it is legal and most ppl do it whereas little take ecstacy and they are only trying to get the dealers, did u see them pakistanis, they are crazy bastards, i'd hate to rob one of their shops, grannies chasing after u with a machete shouting arab curse words, scary sht man

Funny, arent they? Notts is right nr me, and it is just like that!
    The government really really need to gte with the times though. I know why they are doing it, but it still isnt logic!
  • Options
    sure does, can i come along? ;)
    Yeah sure, lets all go for it!
  • Options
    Yeah sure, lets all go for it!

okay,well let me see, i'm busy this weekend, how does next weekend suit?

:p
  • Options
    okay,well let me see, i'm busy this weekend, how does next weekend suit?

:p
    ooh let me check me lil black book :p
  • Options
    ooh let me check me lil black book :p

so you busy babes

;)
  • Options
    i'll come with u, i'm shoguns mate, we'll all go and destroy government buildings, we'll take her parents out and give her ecstacy and every drug known to man and climb buildings naked, i'm lookin forward to it
  • Options
    :lol:

that's a good weekend :crazyeyes
  • Options
    Originally posted by turlough
    i'll come with u, i'm shoguns mate, we'll all go and destroy government buildings, we'll take her parents out and give her ecstacy and every drug known to man and climb buildings naked, i'm lookin forward to it

:yeees:

You sound like someone who'd enjoy a datura trip. :p

I could just see the look on her parents' faces if they read this. I wonder if they realise the extent of ecstasy use. If they knew that over a million of these lethal pills are taken every weekend with absolutely no problems whatsoever.

I wonder if they've come to terms with the fact that Leahs death was more than likely her own fault and not a direct effect of the pill.

I could imagine them answering "bullshit" and spurting some nonsensical rubbish about how ecstasy can and will kill, and hiding behind Government brainwashing propaganda.

Ecstasy is a safe drug, if you've got half a brain. The sooner people at the top realise that, the better.
  • Options
    What an excellent programme, love stuff on tv like that.

I agree with the ecstasy point totally when looking at all the trouble caused by drinking.

The only problem to your theory, I think, is that even if ecstasy was legalised/downgraded etc. everyone wouldn't just say 'oohh its legal, I'll have a bit of that' and so you'll still get most of the trouble as a lot of people will be stuck in there ways and a lot of people will still be totally against the drug. Maybe though in time as the generations are brought up with the drug been "legal" then it could see the alcohol related crime figures drop.
  • Options
    I follow the "people on e wouldn't start a fight" thing but how many e users out there just use e on a night out?
  • Options
    Originally posted by hobbs
    I follow the "people on e wouldn't start a fight" thing but how many e users out there just use e on a night out?

that's a good question, many users take a combination of drugs whenever they are out whatever the drugs may be, i don't use ecstacy but i use mix alcohol and cannabis nearly every weekend and i've mixed mushrooms,alcohol and cannabis on a few occasions, it's just part of the weekend culture...i've seen people mixing alcohol,ecstacy,speed,cocaine and cannabis all in the one night, i'm sure there are others on thisp place who could agree with me.
  • Options
    Good point Hobbs, there are a scary amount of people who used to just use booze now necking back a few pills into the bargin.

As for the down grading of MDMA, well the government policy commite that was set up to look into cannabis and general reform of the drug laww suggested that we look into putting MDMA down to class B but the government is having none of it.

The stupid thing is that pills are already decriminalised, you go into any big club, ANYWHERE and you will find dealers selling pills quite openly, its not like the police couldnt stop this if they didnt want to. They are not totaly thick.

So we have a drug law based on location not on sense. In a club where your buying of some dodgy bloke, thats fine, at home where you can test them, well thats illegal.