Home General Chat
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Aged 16-25? Share your experience of using the discussion boards and receive a £25 voucher! Take part via text-chat, video or phone. Click here to find out more and to take part.
Options

Your breath stinks...

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
Doesn't it annoy you when someone's talking to you and their breath stinks?
What do you do? Do you tell them or just put up with it? What if it's someone you see a lot like your friend or partner?

Comments

• Options
    oh god, my best friend in junior high, he had the absoulte worst breath ever, and when he talked to you, he was one of those people that stood like 2 fucking inches away from your face. and he was a hugger, hugged you all the time. i never said anything, though i always made sure to have gum in my purse and offer it.
  • Options
    Originally posted by my_name
    oh god, my best friend in junior high, he had the absoulte worst breath ever, and when he talked to you, he was one of those people that stood like 2 fucking inches away from your face. and he was a hugger, hugged you all the time. i never said anything, though i always made sure to have gum in my purse and offer it.
    It's annoying isn't it? And the problem is that they don't know that their breath stinks, and it will seem VERY rude if you say to them "er, your breath kinda smells, no offence like" :rolleyes:
  • Options
    yea... theres no really nice way to put that somebody has rank breath :p so i just usually hope that somebody rude enough will come along and tell them :p
  • Options
    Some people's breath is so bad, that even when you give them a chewing gum, their breath start's to smell of a mixture of the chewing gum and the initial bad breath :yuck:

And by the way, blowing into your hand's to smell your own breath doesn't work. You need someone else to tell you.
  • Options
    How weird I was thinking about this a while back - anyway the best way to get rid of bad breath is to BRUSH your tongue or use a scraper.

Getting rid of all that crap on your tongue gets rid of like 80% of bad breath.

We had a woman at work with really bad breath - we all talked about it - but no one ever mentioned it to her.

To be honest if they are friends of yours then you should tell them in a nice way - or mention the tongue scraping thing .. like you just read about it ... may be they'll get the hint??
  • Options
    yeah.......its a bit icky.
    I usually just be quite erm blunt if I know them say: 'argh....you know your breath kinda smells' and offer chewing gum.
  • Options
    God. It's not hard to tell them their breath smells.

If it were you would you prefer they left you in the dark to breathe your skanky breath all over people, or would you rather be told?

Take them to one side, tell them, tra la la, merriment and nice breath.
  • Options
    Originally posted by DiamondGeezer
    How weird I was thinking about this a while back - anyway the best way to get rid of bad breath is to BRUSH your tongue or use a scraper.

Getting rid of all that crap on your tongue gets rid of like 80% of bad breath.

We had a woman at work with really bad breath - we all talked about it - but no one ever mentioned it to her.

To be honest if they are friends of yours then you should tell them in a nice way - or mention the tongue scraping thing .. like you just read about it ... may be they'll get the hint??

I have bad breath (i confess) but i usually find if i drink lots its ok. It's because when my mouth goes dry it goes all stale :( and starts to wreak.

I tried to brush my tongue but it made me throw up almost!!! any specific techniques on how to do this very welcome :)
  • Options
    You could always buy them a tube of colgate for a present im sure they would take the hint then.

If that fails stay over there house for the night wait until there asleep then do wonders for the ozone layer by concreteing there mouth shut!!
  • Options
    I had a mate like that but luckily he found out and now he uses this really powerful mouth spray which i swear is better than pepper spray as a weapon
  • Options
    Offer them a mint!
  • Options
    Recent reports have shown that the Atkin's diet gives you really bad breath... It's the lack of carbohydrate apparently...

Ilora x
  • Options
    A good way of testing your own breath is to lick the underside of your wrist- where the pulse is- and then smell it after about five or six seconds.

Its not flawless, but can give a good idea...
  • Options
    It`s doing them a favour to tell them surely. If not at least leave them an anonymous note.

One really good thing to do if your breath smells and you don`t do it already is floss your teeth!