Home Health & Wellbeing
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨

Eyebrows

2»

Comments

• Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    Originally posted by BeckyBoo
    NEVER shave them, they will come back twice as thick.

yeah, that's not true.

when your hair grows back after shaving it looks thicker, because you had cut it off at the widest point, instead of it having a tapered end. but you have the same amount of follicles.
    Originally posted by RonHaze
    Shouldn't the topic just be Eyebrow?

Sad git :p
    Why was this moved to fashion???

I didnt think eyebrows were a fashion!
    when i occasionally get sick of plucking my eyebrows i shave them. they don't grow back thicker and i've never injured myself; it's easier than plucking too but... the stubble's really annoying :crazyeyes you have to do it every day for a good result.

i've used depilatory cream too but it's very hit and miss. although if you're just using it for the centre it'll be easier to see where you want it.

i would say plucking is the best bet!
    pluck, pluck, pluck :D :rolleyes: :yes:

get yourself a really good pair of tweezers and find a room with good lighting :)

happy plucking! :thumb:
    this topic reminded me to pluck mine before i go out! thanks!

oh yeah, my mate shaves hers of completely and uses like an eyeliner pencil everyday to draw them in! looks so crap but shes says that since shes started it now she cant stop it coz it looks worse as it starts to grow back! uh no win i guess
    Originally posted by dominatrix
    i've used depilatory cream too but it's very hit and miss. although if you're just using it for the centre it'll be easier to see where you want it.

depilatory cream ?

How much and where?
    Originally posted by Jazza Bing
    Why was this moved to fashion???

I didnt think eyebrows were a fashion!

Aye, I do think this should be renamed "Fashion and beauty" :yes:
    i dont have a unibrow, just a few hairs in the middle like all guys get, i just shave the hairs every other day so as soon as they start appearing thryre gone. like magic!
    quote:
    Originally posted by dominatrix

depilatory cream ?

How much and where?

Teehee. Actually, the stuff I used was Veet, which came from the Pound Shop about, ooh... 3 years ago or something. It's probably out of date but as it's printed in like Greek or something it's hard to tell, and it hasn't killed me yet. Just get the normal depilatory cream. It'll cost about 3 pound odd for a tube I would think, or you can normally get trial sachets for about 99p.
    okay, just because I'm a male...

Just a little bit about myself...I'm a 27 year old male, 6'2" 165lbs (slim but not undernourished by any means)...I'm not a model, but I'm quite desireable looking (I get a lot of looks from the ladies).

I had a bit of a minor "unibrow", and here's how I get it taken care of...

1. The cheap way - I go to the local hair salon to get my hair cut, and while I'm at it they wax my brows. I also get them to put some shape to my brows...my gf loves it, she gets excited when I tell her I'm getting a hair cut (which btw is usually every 3 weeks...two if I'm not strapped for cash)

2. Electrolysis: http://www.hairroute.com/consumer/faq.html

3. Laser hair removal: http://www.advancedlaserclinics.com/alcnewlhr.htm

4. Shaving (not an option you wierdos)

5. Hair removal cream (it's not precise enough, and you might get some in your eyes....ouch :crazyeyes)

Laser vs. Electrolysis...which is better? http://dermatology.jwatch.org/cgi/content/full/2000/201/1

I haven't tried #2 or #3, because I have an idea of what they cost, and I don't have that kinda cash at this time. Now, for everyone out there (because shaping is not just for the ladies), here's a shaping link with pictures what a desireable ladies brow should look like http://www.cosmeticscop.com/learn/article.asp?paGETYPE=ART&REFER=MAKEUP&ID=44 for the guys...here's a little something... http://www.eyebrowz.com/mens/FAQ.htm
    Go and get them done at a salon!
    I mistly pluck my eyebrows. When i was younger it used to make me sneeze, but i'm just odd like that.