Home Health & Wellbeing
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨

Eyebrows

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
My eyebrows are really thich, however, the thing is, mine join in the middle:(

I was made fun at for ages, then I plucked them, and they liiked great. But they grew back with a vengeance and now I cant do anything with them :(

What can I do to have normal Eyebrows?

Is that new Veet hair removal mousse Ok for them?

Could I get that electrolysis on NHS?

(Happy now Kurt?)

Comments

• Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    Re: Eyebrows
    Originally posted by Jazza Bing

I was made fun at for ages, then I plucked them, and they liiked great. But they grew back with a vengeance and now I cant do anything with them :(

Could I get that elocution on NHS?

Awwwoooooooooooo! Sorry :p

No, I don't think the NHS teach you how to pronounce words properly mate (tee hee hee)
    Can't you shave them if you really want to get rid of part of them?
    Just pluck them again. You have to do it regularly y'know :eek2:

DO NOT shave them Ever!!!
    Its really tricky and it doesnt shave them right down, you can still see the 'stubble':(
    Originally posted by Faith
    Just pluck them again. You have to do it regularly y'know :eek2:

DO NOT shave them Ever!!!

No but when they are just growing back and they are noticeable, I cant seem to get at them:(
    Just pluck em thats all i do. Just before bed i just get a few hairs out a time. I just never can be arsed to spend ages doing it!
    Electrolysis you mean.

Plucking would probably be the best thing to do, or possibly shaving, if you were careful.

With hair removal cream youd probably end up taking most of your eyebrows off. I know I would anyway.

Most eyebrow removally things are aimed at women, so only cater for people who want nice shapely eyebrows.

Hmm. Dunno really :D
    No but when they are just growing back and they are noticeable, I cant seem to get at them:(

And what do you think us girls do? You just have to 'get at them'! It gets much easier the more you do it.
    Originally posted by curiouslad
    Just pluck em thats all i do. Just before bed i just get a few hairs out a time. I just never can be arsed to spend ages doing it!

What part do you pluck though? Was it bad?
    What part do you pluck though? Was it bad?

Inbetween! So i dont have a 'monobrow' lol.

It used to be painful cos the skin was sensitive but now it doesnt hurt.
    Originally posted by Lil Laura
    Electrolysis you mean.

At least one of you people got it :rolleyes: For shame!
    i have mine Waxed, i dont like plucking as it hurts me, waxing is easyer, then i pluck as i see them grow back, but im female, and mine dont meet....!

dont wax them yourself tho could make a mess of them!

H xx
    :lol: Lmao. Sorreh, but i really had to laugh then...'tis my evil streak :p

Yeh, just keep plucking them regularly, and do not shave them
    Originally posted by Miss_Hermione_G
    i have mine Waxed, i dont like plucking as it hurts me, waxing is easyer, then i pluck as i see them grow back, but im female, and mine dont meet....!

H xx

Wouldnt that leave a red mark, or a rash?
    Jazza dont worry bout your eyebrows!Mine are well thick. so thick that i can just pluck some hairs with my hands.lol.
    Originally posted by Miss_Hermione_G

H xx

Ditto.

You get pinkness for a short while after, but it fades after a while.

I don't think waxed eyebrows would be very effective though...I don't think you could have them waxed without the neatness, which would surely look a bit too feminine..
    Or You could go to a beauticians and get them to shape them for you... :p
    I thought with so many girls on this website you'd get some more practical advice ... Ok here goes.

First go for a very hot shower - washing the face a few times.
    haven't checked you age but assume you're old enough to shave - so you should know shaving or doing anything with removing hair is easier after a hot bath/shower.

And don't just get a tweezer and pluck - use one hand to pinch the skin between your eye tight (between your thumb and forefiger) and the other to pluck - it will not hurt then - or very, very little if at all.

Remember eyebrows help frame your face and help people to see your expressions from a distance - very useful for attracting the opposite sex so don't over dow it - I think micheal Keaton's (from Batman) eyebrows are way too over plucked - have a look at a few movie - virtually all the hollywood men plug their eyebrows - although I expect they pay someone to do it.

I'd say the best way to judge how much to take off is by looking at photos rather then just in the mirror.

see below how eyebrows are a key to people being able to read our expressions - bare this in mind when plucking and shaping:

unibrow.jpg

anger.jpg

shy.jpg

horror.jpg

http://www.emotioneric.com
    Originally posted by DiamondGeezer
    I thought with so many girls on this website you'd get some more practical advice ... Ok here goes.

First go for a very hot shower - washing the face a few times.
    haven't checked you age but assume you're old enough to shave - so you should know shaving or doing anything with removing hair is easier after a hot bath/shower.

And don't just get a tweezer and pluck - use one hand to pinch the skin between your eye tight (between your thumb and forefiger) and the other to pluck - it will not hurt then - or very, very little if at all.

Remember eyebrows help frame your face and help people to see your expressions from a distance - very useful for attracting the opposite sex so don't over dow it - I think micheal Keaton's (from Batman) eyebrows are way too over plucked - have a look at a few movie - virtually all the hollywood men plug their eyebrows - although I expect they pay someone to do it.

I'd say the best way to judge how much to take off is by looking at photos rather then just in the mirror.

see below how eyebrows are a key to people being able to read our expressions - bare this in mind when plucking and shaping:

unibrow.jpg

anger.jpg

shy.jpg

horror.jpg

http://www.emotioneric.com

Good advice! Is that you diamond?

(Happy now Kurt?)

:lol::lol::lol:

I'd love to see the look on their faces when you ask for electrolysis courtesy of the NHS 'cos you have a monobrow.
    Re: Re: Eyebrows
    Originally posted by z0ma
    :lol::lol::lol:

I'd love to see the look on their faces when you ask for electrolysis courtesy of the NHS 'cos you have a monobrow.

A friend of mine got appointments for electrolysis on the NHS now I think about it... not for eyebrows though.

But still :p

(Happy now Kurt?)
    your eeeeevil!
    Re: Re: Re: Eyebrows
    A friend of mine got appointments for electrolysis on the NHS now I think about it... not for eyebrows though.

But still :p

Kill joy. :p

Still, if I was a doctor and that happened I'd probably burst out in fits of laughter, excuse myself, titter a bit more, then make up an excuse to leave the room, before bursting into more fits of uncontrollable laughter, leaving the fragile patient sitting, paranoid and suicidal.

Thank God I suck at science.
    Originally posted by curiouslad
    Good advice! Is that you diamond?

No way dude ... I'm staying undercover .. I might be Priminster or something one day .. you think I want pics like that floating around .. they always come back to Haunt ya ... that reminds me whatever happen to those pics of cameron diaz before she was famous ...??
    or possibly shaving, if you were careful.

NEVER shave them, they will come back twice as thick. That goes for anywhere on your body if you dont want hair then plucking, waxing, electrolysis etc but dont shave.
    Re: Re: Re: Re: Eyebrows
    Originally posted by z0ma
    Kill joy. :p

Still, if I was a doctor and that happened I'd probably burst out in fits of laughter, excuse myself, titter a bit more, then make up an excuse to leave the room, before bursting into more fits of uncontrollable laughter, leaving the fragile patient sitting, paranoid and suicidal.

Thank God I suck at science.

Hehe, yes, I think it's best that the world doesn't have to put up with Doctor Dan :p

The doctor suggested it to her though. I suppose it would be rather amusing to have someone walk in asking for it. Bit of a cheek really..

Tum te tum :)
    my eyebrows naturally meet in the middle. not majorly, but there are a few straggly hairs that join.

so i have become a master of plucking. i really had no choice. the more you do it the easier it becomes.

you most probably won't be able to get electrolysis on the NHS because it is purely cosmetic... maybe unless you are suicidal because of the thought of going out in public with a monobrow... :chin:

get yourself a good pair of tweezers (it makes a difference you know) and a mirror with good lighting, and pluck.
    Originally posted by kaffrin
    get yourself a good pair of tweezers (it makes a difference you know)

She`s right, although you don`t have to spend a fortune on them. After my other half buggered my expensive ones up using them to fix the remote control :impissed: I got some from Superdrug. They`ve got a slanted tip, they`re really sharp and in about 18 months I`ver never missed a hair with them, even the really short ones. And they were only about 2 quid.
    Shouldn't the topic just be Eyebrow?
    Originally posted by BeckyBoo
    NEVER shave them, they will come back twice as thick..
    thats not true...otherwise id be an ape by now!!! If its true why dont peopl with thin hair shave therye head?