Home Health & Wellbeing
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨

stereotyped groups: what are you?

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
What would people here class themselves as?

I mean as in... goth, trendy, skater, charver, punk etc...

If there's more than one, what do you wear ordinarily?

I fluctuate... I dress trendy when I'm with my boyfriend; I dress goth/punk when I'm at rock night, the rest of the time it could be anything!

This is regarding clothing btw hence being in fashion; not necessarily music/lifestyle etc.

Comments

• Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    um, i would say alternative (baggy jeans, doc martins, skate trainers) but also funky/trendy (tight cool tops)
    I dress however I feel really. I suppose most of the time I'm just girlie! :confused:
    I'm what you would call a Sloaney/preppy. I wear polo shirts with the collar turned up, chinos and boat shoes for casual wear. I were suits when I go out.
    I wear what i feel like wearing. I wouldnt say i fit into a specific 'catagory.'

I wear jeans and tops most of the time...but one day i could look all girly, and the next i'll look totally different.
    Originally posted by squat_tom
    I wear polo shirts with the collar turned up

You can see from which area in Copenhagen people are from, when they do that :p
    I'm a Goth.
    But the stupid prats in lower school walk past me and shout Greebo... lol... If you're gonna "insult" me... insult me right at least :rolleyes:

Ilora x
    i would say im a townie really, girly townie though

and im not a ned though, i dont wear sports gear, jus trendy stuff
    Don't know what I am, quite girlie I suppose, mostly just jeans and coloured fitted shits and tops with trainers or boots and a wee bit of gold jewelery. I just think of what looks feminine, but not revealing and practical as well. I'm turning into my mother........it'll be leggings next!:eek:
    most people would probably describe me as 'skater'. although i don't skate. :chin: i also wear a good measure of 'fruits/japanese inspired style.

basically i'm the girl avril lavigne wishes she was.
    mixture of hippy, skater and trendy i guess
    vans and converse type shoes, varying jeans and trousers, never tight tho, t shirts and short sleeved shirts, hoodies
    i wear what i want really
    Originally posted by Char_Baby
    i would say im a townie really, girly townie though

and im not a ned though, i dont wear sports gear, jus trendy stuff

ditto
    I get classed as a scally or a townie, but i don't go round wearing Rockports and trackies. I dress girly and trendy i suppose.
    Very fucking trendy :p
    i dress kind of a combination of the getting dressed in the dark while sleeping and slobby kind of look

may i say though, nobody can pull off the crinkly jeans and t-shirt look quite like me ;)
    hmm i think i'm trendy since i buy my clothes from selfridges(not miss), usc & pastiche. ya know tight ass miss sixty jeans, diesel etc and i mostly wear pointy boots coz they give me a sexy sway when i walk
    I have moods, some days i wanna dress in all black and another day il wear blindingly clashed colours.....

I suppose actually i dont wear anything trendy...number one the real stuff is too expensive, number two i dont want to look like a clone, and uh yeah....i avoid people in pink tracksuit thingys and bling bling rings and white trainers.....they actually do scare me with their lack of seeing what they are wearing....:D and then...they talk

I supose you call call me glammy punky skately odd looking....

:eek2:
    Originally posted by *sTrAnGeNeSsMe*

I suppose actually i dont wear anything trendy...number one the real stuff is too expensive, number two i dont want to look like a clone, and uh yeah....

i'm not targeting you when i say this because you didn't really describe what u wear but those who wear those skate jeans, vest tops, bangles n chains who *don't want to look like clones* all look the friggin same anyway
    I dont really know to be honest. I rarely wear jeans of any kind. In fact, I rarely wear trousers, just to work. And I usually dress in dark clothes coz I prefer them. So, I'd be.....

A skirt and dark clothing wearer. Not really a stereotype, contradictory to what the iccle kiddies that know oh-so-much think.
    ah..yeah..i agree, they also tend to look like clones, but not as much ..in my opinion..and im not one of them....either....i like the bangles (not chains) and i like the colourfull tight t shirts with baggies.....but i dont wear them at the same time, im usually wearing jeans with skirts and cut up jackets from cheap stores (which i eh..cut up:P)...does that still make me one of them? i dunno..:) i dont really understand genres.....

i really confuse myself with what i wear.....:)
    Originally posted by lipsy
    those who wear those skate jeans, vest tops, bangles n chains who *don't want to look like clones* all look the friggin same anyway

i wear skate jeans, vest tops, bangles and chains and i don't look the same as the little korn kiddies to which you are referring.
    whats a vest top?
    Originally posted by my_name
    whats a vest top?

i believe you crazzzzy americans call them tank tops. :p
    ahhh... i see, but wouldn't you agree that tank top has a bit more of a nice ring to it than vest top :p
    I dont know what I am, Im too old for all these wierd classifications. I Know that my 15 year old step brother HATES townies though, and he dresses skaterish (whatever that is, cos he hasnt got a skateboard) My newly found 16 year old sister-in-law I think is more of a townie, as she dresses very pretty and is a hairdresser, but her boyfriend dresses in tracksuits with the bottoms tucked into his sport socks!!! and he has one of those little caps too. I dont know what that makes him, but it looks stoopid. They seem like nice enough people anyway, Im not sure i really understand the feud. surely peeps is peeps?
    Originally posted by rainbow brite
    surely peeps is peeps?

:yes:

my best friend is the trendiest of all trendies. the only time it matters though is when we shop together, cause we always hate what the other picks out.

and my_name - over here a 'tank top' refers to one of those sleeveless sweaters worn by old men.
    Originally posted by kaffrin

and my_name - over here a 'tank top' refers to one of those sleeveless sweaters worn by old men.

ohhhh *shudders* do you get the old guys that wear tank tops and shorts and black socks and sandles??
    Originally posted by lipsy
    i'm not targeting you when i say this because you didn't really describe what u wear but those who wear those skate jeans, vest tops, bangles n chains who *don't want to look like clones* all look the friggin same anyway
    Most people look the same. There are only so many types of jeans and tops in the world. I also think you're jumping the gun a bit when you say people who dress like that don't want to look like clones. I dress how I want for comfort, not to either fit in or not fit in.
    Originally posted by BumbleBee
    I dress how I want for comfort, not to either fit in or not fit in.

:yes:
    Originally posted by BumbleBee
    Most people look the same. There are only so many types of jeans and tops in the world. I also think you're jumping the gun a bit when you say people who dress like that don't want to look like clones. I dress how I want for comfort, not to either fit in or not fit in.

hmm i don't think i am. i see them in manchester, always in huge flocks. i'm talkin about the korn kiddie types btw.