Home General Chat
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Options

Nush from Big brother

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
edited January 2023 in General Chat
did anyone see the Metro paper on friday?

Says she was mugged and has had her leg broken - needed a pin and will take 5 months to heal completely.
Post edited by JustV on

Comments

• Options
    Yeah I read this on Ananova earlier, poor girlie....

Big Brother contestant Nush Nowak has suffered a suspected broken kneecap and thigh bone after being attacked by a mugger.
    The 23-year-old was pounced on at 4am yesterday by a man in his 20s who tried to snatch her bag.
    The yoga fanatic fought back but was pushed to the floor, a Metropolitan Police spokeswoman said.
    Nush has undergone surgery at the Royal Free Hospital in Hampstead where a spokeswoman described her condition as "comfortable".
    The attack took place in Kentish Town, north London, close to where she lives.
    The police spokeswoman said: "Police were called after a woman in her early 20s was approached by a man, again in his early 20s, while she was walking in Lady Margaret Road.
    "The man grabbed her handbag, she resisted and fell to the ground injuring her leg. He then ran off with her bag carrying money and a mobile phone.
    "The woman was taken by ambulance to a north London hospital with a suspected broken kneecap and thigh bone. The robbery Squad at Kentish Town are dealing with the investigation."
    Nush has undergone an emergency operation to insert wires and a metal rod into her leg to pin her broken kneecap and femur, The Sun reports.
    Nush's stepdad David Shield and mother, Elzbieta, are reportedly at her side in hospital.
  • Options
    Girls that skinny shouldn't fight back

Sounds like her bones are quite weak or brittle - ain't she a veggie??
  • Options
    Originally posted by DiamondGeezer
    Girls that skinny shouldn't fight back

wtf? Only fat girls should fight back then? And the rest of us should just stand there and get mugged?! :eek2: :rolleyes:
  • Options
    Originally posted by Faith
    wtf? Only fat girls should fight back then? And the rest of us should just stand there and get mugged?! :eek2: :rolleyes:

No - I don't mean that - but at the end of the day she's appears to be below average bone density from the look of her frame - you can get a good idea of how strong someone's bones are by looking at their wrists and the thickness of them and the bone up to the forearm.

I mean't skinny in reference to her bone structure not her fat content... And if she is a veggie then there's a good chance she's not as strong as a meat eater .. I know probably over analysing it.

But if someone is determined to rob you and they are bigger and stronger then you - let them have the bag!! unless you're very strong or trained in self defence.

My friend and I got mugged many years ago by a guy - when we were teenagers ... at the time I thought about fighting back - but for the sake of £2 - even though the two of us could have taken him on - he might have had a knife for all we knew. If you've never been mugged them maybe your views are different .. I often think if it happened now I'd probably fight back to make a point - but unless a person is in the situation - who know's what is best - so might as well play on the side of caution, money and credit cards can be replaced or earned back.