Home Health & Wellbeing
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨

anyone know what this could be?

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
i just went to the loo and my pee was pink, im not on my period so it's not that
does anyone have any ideas what it could be?

Comments

• Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    Too much beetroot?
    Originally posted by *raver*
    Too much beetroot?

:yes:

could be from eating food with a lot of red colouring.

could also be an infection. if you get other symptoms (needing to pee all the time, burning, a temperature), your doctor can give you antibiotics or you can get over the counter cystitis relief stuff...
    Originally posted by kaffrin
    [Bcould also be an infection. if you get other symptoms (needing to pee all the time, burning, a temperature),[/B]

Mmmm, yeah, you'd know if it was an infection bc it would hurt like hell.

I pissed out blood last time i had a bladder infection. If its constantly pink for more than a few days, you oughta visit the doctors. If you're eating red food or coloring on sweets too much, then you'd know what to do.
    Originally posted by strawberrychild
    Mmmm, yeah, you'd know if it was an infection bc it would hurt like hell.

Well not always... I didnt have any pain or discomfort... Just needed to pee frequently.
    Originally posted by LadyT
    Well not always... I didnt have any pain or discomfort... Just needed to pee frequently.

Oh, well if a guy has cystitis, it hurts really badly.
    its all cleared up now, it still stings a tiny bit but only when i think about it:rolleyes: it was weird though, yesterday i needed to pee like every 5 minutes now i dont at all
    Originally posted by strawberrychild
    Oh, well if a guy has cystitis, it hurts really badly.

Well, i didnt have cystitis, just some other sort of minor infection. So maybe that kinda answers that one... heh.
    bleurgh i got a urine infection, the pills they put me on made me all depressed but i feel ok now
    Cystitis is quite common in women because the urethra (the piping from bladder to the outside world) is relatively short and bacteria don't have far to travel to cause an infection. It's more uncommon in blokes because the urethra is much longer, for obvious reasons.

I read that cranberry juice (or pills now) is quite a good natural remedy for it, but the normal course of action is antibiotics.