Home Work & Study
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Options

Schools In for Autumn!

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
edited March 27 in Work & Study
Is it tomorrow England starts back?

We started back on Monday and because its Standard Grade year, we have been drowned in homework!:(
The fact that Im in all the top classes bar maths (General) does not help.
I mean, the homework isnt that hard, its just annoying to do on a weekend.
Post edited by JustV on

Comments

• Options
    Re: Schools In for Autumn!
    Originally posted by Jazza Bing

We started back on Monday and because its Standard Grade year, we have been drowned in homework!:(
    The fact that Im in all the top classes bar maths (General) does not help.
    I mean, the homework isnt that hard, its just annoying to do on a weekend.

Hah, wait 'til you get to 5th year! It's an absolute bitch... Imagine what you're doing now multiplied by 100. And then imagine doing that for a whole year. It's nasty I tell ya, really really nasty. However once you're through it you feel such a sense of achievement, not just for your results, but for actually surviving through the year!

I'm a 6th year this year, which should be good fun. We get a lot of priviledges and stuff. (However you spell it). Anyway, just work hard and you'll get through it ok. Once you've done your SGrades and Highers, you're pretty much set :)
  • Options

i'm pretty sure it's the 1st September.
  • Options
    Re: Re: Schools In for Autumn!
    Originally posted by lil_kazzy
    Hah, wait 'til you get to 5th year! It's an absolute bitch... Imagine what you're doing now multiplied by 100. And then imagine doing that for a whole year. It's nasty I tell ya, really really nasty. However once you're through it you feel such a sense of achievement, not just for your results, but for actually surviving through the year!

I'm a 6th year this year, which should be good fun. We get a lot of priviledges and stuff. (However you spell it). Anyway, just work hard and you'll get through it ok. Once you've done your SGrades and Highers, you're pretty much set :)

What are these *priveledges* you speak of Kazzy?
    and how many subjects can you drop in 5th year?
  • Options
    Originally posted by kaffrin

*Slaps head* Silly me.
  • Options

Its bank holiday tomorrow so it would be Tuesday if it was this week. I think its next week though.
  • Options
    Re: Re: Re: Schools In for Autumn!
    What are these *priveledges* you speak of Kazzy?
    and how many subjects can you drop in 5th year?

You can take up to 5 highers.

Err, we get a common room, and free periods, and can sign out of school... and we just generally get treated differently. We can choose subjects and classes and organise our timetables ourselves. And we can do things like 'enhancement courses' (cookery, japanese, psychology, scots law...), or work experience, or helping younger pupils, or whatever really. The teachers act noticably different towards us... rather than talking down to us, we're treated as if we actually know something about life.
  • Options
    Blimey, I didn't realise people went back so early - not early as in 'there hasn't been long enough to doss about and watch Trisha' but I seem to recall not going back until the 5th or so of September when I was at school.

As for college, there's so much shitty admin and 'special and unexciting talks on various crap - now with added forms to fill in!' that actual lessons don't start until about the 15th.
  • Options
    Re: Re: Re: Re: Schools In for Autumn!
    Originally posted by lil_kazzy
    You can take up to 5 highers.

Err, we get a common room, and free periods, and can sign out of school... and we just generally get treated differently. We can choose subjects and classes and organise our timetables ourselves. And we can do things like 'enhancement courses' (cookery, japanese, psychology, scots law...), or work experience, or helping younger pupils, or whatever really. The teachers act noticably different towards us... rather than talking down to us, we're treated as if we actually know something about life.

Common Room? We dont have that! Do you get to have coffee?
    I think students should get coffee coz I always get a boost from it.
  • Options
    :lol: Us Sixth Former's don't go back til Monday 8th September! A week later than the lower years.. mwahaaha... So It's me going to Greece for a week on the 29th Aug :D
    They just had to choose the 8th to go back though...didn't they?! The same day HIM are having a one day signing in London. :( Miffed. Miffed I tell Ya!!!

Ilora x
  • Options
    Originally posted by Ilora-Danon
    :lol: Us Sixth Former's don't go back til Monday 8th September! A week later than the lower years.. mwahaaha... So It's me going to Greece for a week on the 29th Aug :D
    They just had to choose the 8th to go back though...didn't they?! The same day HIM are having a one day signing in London. :( Miffed. Miffed I tell Ya!!!

Ilora x

Bunk off
  • Options
    Hmm.

I start college on the 3rd. Woohoo, A levels and stuff, can't wait :rolleyes:
  • Options
    Bunk off
    Yeah, I would. But my Ho of a mother won't let me :mad:

Ilora x
  • Options

Er, yeah - you're not actually supposed to ask! :razz:
  • Options
    JsTJsT Posts: 18,268 Skive's The Limit
    I'm back on Wednesday 3rd for my timetables and stuff, actual start is the 4th for me :) Can't wait to start my A-Levels!
  • Options
    I don't go to uni till the 21st and don't actually start any academic work till the 29th (I think...they sent us the wrong dates :rolleyes: ) so yay :D

1st of September back? It can't be that early! Poor things...
  • Options

Ilora x

Tut tut, your mother is only looking out for you dear, whoever gave you the idea in the first place?

P.S.

What she dont know and the pen can forge wont hurt her ;)

I practise my parents and grandparents signatures weekly.
  • Options
    I don't start back till 4th October :p
  • Options
    Originally posted by KoolCat
    I don't start back till 4th October :p

Lucky bitch, err, furball.
  • Options
    Tut tut, your mother is only looking out for you dear, whoever gave you the idea in the first place?

P.S.

What she dont know and the pen can forge wont hurt her ;)

I practise my parents and grandparents signatures weekly.
    Yeah, the luxury of having a car does not exist in my life. Which means, mother transporting me to and from London.. as the trains are fucking about atm. And there's the fact that the signing starts at 6pm... Can't go down after school, coz queues are miles too long... :(

Ilora x
  • Options
    Originally posted by JsT
    I'm back on Wednesday 3rd for my timetables and stuff, actual start is the 4th for me :) Can't wait to start my A-Levels!

Hm. Yes, I think it's the same for me actually. My brother's in his second year, doesn't go back till Thursday... :mad:
  • Options
    3rd :/ Never mind eh? Still had 8 weeks of dossing
  • Options
    Originally posted by JsT

In my school, we go back as normal and spend the first two periods sorting our timetables, then we go on to normal classes.
  • Options
    Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Schools In for Autumn!
    Common Room? We dont have that! Do you get to have coffee?
    I think students should get coffee coz I always get a boost from it.

Yeah, we can eat whatever we like. There's a fridge. Last year's lot had a waffle machine and stuff. And we get to have a stereo :)

There are 2 common rooms in our school... one that the people who think they're cool hang around in, and one for the other people.
  • Options
    My school sucks. We just turn up in the morning. Dont know where to go. Hang around until you see some mates. Hang around until you hear on the grapevine who your form teacher is. Find your form teacher. Ask them where form room is. Scramble to get a seat in form room where you arent right in front of you teachers face. Get time table and get angry with the screwy teachers we are stuck with for 2 years. Same every year ( apart from the last bit) apart from year 7, when we were molly-coddled. :mad: Why dont they just tell us?!
  • Options
    Originally posted by the doc horatio
    My school sucks. We just turn up in the morning. Dont know where to go. Hang around until you see some mates. Hang around until you hear on the grapevine who your form teacher is. Find your form teacher. Ask them where form room is. Scramble to get a seat in form room where you arent right in front of you teachers face. Get time table and get angry with the screwy teachers we are stuck with for 2 years. Same every year ( apart from the last bit) apart from year 7, when we were molly-coddled. :mad: Why dont they just tell us?!

Didn't I read somewhere that you go to a private school?

Not that that is relevant I suppose. But from past experience, 'better' schools like grammar schools and private schools are generally much worse than your average comprehensive.

In my experience.
  • Options
    i've to move up on thursday and start on the second :crying::crying::crying::crying: ohhhh the pain and horror
  • Options
    I start on the 8th September :p
  • Options
    Originally posted by kaffrin

hell no we wont go!

gotta go have a chat on the 3rd then in school on the 4th, day after my rents anniversary party
  • Options
    I start on 4th September, which is a week earlier than usual. Last 2 years i went back on 11th Sept an 10th Sept. I'm in 6th form now doing IB.
  • Options
    I don't go back 'till September 8th...