Home General Chat
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Aged 16-25? Share your experience of using the discussion boards and receive a £25 voucher! Take part via text-chat, video or phone. Click here to find out more and to take part.
Options

Framed For A Crime You didn't Commit

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
Anyone watching channel 5? - Good movie about a guy that gets framed by the cops for something he didn't do.

Things like that scare me cos if the cops decided to frame you - who you gonna go to - other cops? Who'd believe you?

Got me thinking if that happened to me and if I went to prison for something I didn't do - what would I do when I got out?

I'd probably come out really harddened by the experience and want to get back the people that framed me.

What about you? Just accept it and move on or get them back?

Comments

• Options
    id want revenge desperately. grrr.....
    but does depend how long i prison for.

i suppose its even worse in america
    cos if its something bad you framed for there's teh death penalty in some places - youd never get a second chance.....never breathe a never breath just for being in wrong place at wrong time.

Its awful.
  • Options
    Originally posted by Pepsi_104
    id want revenge desperately. grrr.....
    but does depend how long i prison for.

i suppose its even worse in america
    cos if its something bad you framed for there's teh death penalty in some places - youd never get a second chance.....never breathe a never breath just for being in wrong place at wrong time.

Its awful.

But if you're on death row and try to commit suicide and fail they take you off of it and put you in a mental ward instead - crazy country!!!
  • Options
    actually the one good thing about being sent down for something you didn't do in the USA is that if you ever get out and prove you were innocent all along you get a huge compensation - in the UK you get sod all I think - i think you'd be lucky to get £1 Million for 20 years in the UK. .. Anyone remember what some of those guys got that were on Tv a few years ago for being wrongly convicted?
  • Options
    Someone who lived near where I used to live was in prison for nearly 20 years before they were proved to be not guilty of murder. I don't know how he managed, knowing that he had done nothing wrong. He's missed out on so much of his life.
  • Options
    Re: Framed For A Crime You didn't Commit
    Originally posted by DiamondGeezer
    - Good movie about a guy that gets framed by the cops for something he didn't do.

Things like that scare me cos if the cops decided to frame you - who you gonna go to - other cops? Who'd believe you?

Got me thinking if that happened to me and if I went to prison for something I didn't do - what would I do when I got out?

I'd probably come out really harddened by the experience and want to get back the people that framed me.

What about you? Just accept it and move on or get them back?
    i could tell you erom first hand evperience ...the on the whole the law and order in the land is actualy in good hands but ....there are always humans in the way ....there are some seriously mental people out there ...and there everywhere and no where baby. things like "emotion" come into play with every decision we make ....thats where were fucked ... the more we care the more human we become ...the more painful it becomes.
  • Options
    Originally posted by *raver*
    Someone who lived near where I used to live was in prison for nearly 20 years before they were proved to be not guilty of murder. I don't know how he managed, knowing that he had done nothing wrong. He's missed out on so much of his life.

Any idea what this guy got as compensation?

I'd like to know what 20 years of a person's life is worth..
  • Options
    Originally posted by DiamondGeezer
    Any idea what this guy got as compensation?

I'd like to know what 20 years of a person's life is worth..

I've just checked. He spent 27 years in prison and is expected to get between £500,000 and £1,800,000 in compensation.