Home Politics & Debate
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨

foxhunting poll

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru

Comments

• Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    *back to top*
    Rural raised, anti-foxhunting.
    Er... I "don't have permission to vote in this poll."

Is this a bag or have I been blacklisted?
    Never mind, computer bug only... Vote submitted.
    Am I allowed to ask now as the poll has been going a couple of days is it what you expected, did you think the figures would be different.

Hope you got it all finished :)

I was suprised by the results also. There ya go just shows you that you can never be sure about which way people vote.
    I support fox hunting. I feel people should have the freedom to hunt.
    Originally posted by monocrat
    I support fox hunting. I feel people should have the freedom to hunt.

Reasons?

Urban or rural?

Its ok giving an opinion but for the research your background etc is also required.
    What reason? That foxes are 'harmed'? Many things 'harm' people.

I live in an urban area and I feel that those in rural areas should possess the right to hunt.
    GWST Was there some kind of gathering up South of Marsden Rock today? We were driving home and there was loads of people horseback, I mean at last 40+ and 2 of our group said they were on a hunt. Any clues?
    Yes I'm from urban background girlwithsharpteeth and as you might remember from past threads I'm also against fox hunting.

Reasons being that although I believe in fox population control I don't think hunting with dogs is a very humane way of doing it.
    rural background against hunting
    like Al I realise the fox population needs to be controlled but don't think hunting is the most humane way.

growing up on a small farm I have experienced the results of being visited by Mr and Mrs Fox. I have also had to bury new born and young animals/birds that have had their eyes pecked out/been peck to death by magpies/crows. I have also seen the effects that some dogs can have among sheep.

I understand natural rural life cycles but in my opinion a fox being subject to an orgainised chase doesn't really fit into this.
    I don't see how anybody can justify hunting. When the horses get too old they are sent to the slaughterhouse and the hounds are inbred causing defects. Furthermore it's something people do for kicks...

I mean a place near me has a lot of wild cats breeding. Now if I took a pack of hounds down there and set them on the cats I'd be charged for animal cruelty. What's the difference between a cat and a fox? The only reason these people get away with it is because they're loaded.

Furthermore, on the idea of job loss... Hundreds of jobs are being lost in Wales due to factories closing, nobody bats an eyelid... but if a farrier loses his job... oh my god catastophy!

Banning foxhunting will cause joblosses... but there are hundreds going anyway. But of course... rich kids get it all :rolleyes:
    There's actually an anti-foxhunt rally in Denbigh soon, I'll keep y'all posted.
    I'm from an Urban background & against fox hunting

My reasons aren't that different from others i've seen here, i just think it is very cruel towards the fox & the fact that its considored a sport & is done for fun as well as for population control is sickening. THe population control angle i can understand but there has got to be another way of going about it. At the end of the day, whatever anyone says, it is cruelty to animals and as MoonRat said if it was done with other animals, such as a cat, then you can almost gaurentee everyone would be against it & you would be charged.