Home General Chat
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Aged 16-25? Share your experience of using the discussion boards and receive a £25 voucher! Take part via text-chat, video or phone. Click here to find out more and to take part.
Options

blackout hysteria

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
is anyone else getting slightly annoyed with all the americans and their, 'oh, the blackout was so terrible'.

you might not have come across it, but a few of my LJ communites are predominantely americans, and they're all full of it.

a lot of them are making t-shirts with 'i survived the 2003 NYC blackout' on them.

um, well done.

props to all the people from the third world who have survived their whole lives without electricity, or decent food, or clean water.

:rolleyes:

Comments

• Options
    My friend just got the day off work cos of a power failure in his company in Luton!!!

It started at 7am and by midday they sent everyone home!!!
  • Options
    You know what Americans are like tho, they alway's like to make a meal of things.

'i survived the 2003 NYC blackout' <-- I mean do we really give a fuck? I know I don't. The rest of the world don't get power cuts then?
  • Options
    Im gonna make my Dad a T-Shirt. " I survived for 22 years with no electricity in my home in Africa":rolleyes:

And they wonder why there are Muslim extremists in Iraq trying to kill there army.