Home Work & Study
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Options

woo

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
edited March 27 in Work & Study
got an e for my as music which i took a year early
some of you may think thats shit, but i didnt start the course til february, was on half the lessons i shouldve been, go t hardly any help from the teacher ( she said i was gonna fail) and was fucked from the start.so wooooooo
:D im pleased, dont give an shit what the other ppl who took it think. gd luck to everyone else getting gcse results tomoerrow!!!!
Post edited by JustV on

Comments

• Options
    was there even much point in doing it? you started the course in febuary you say? no sane school would start a kid on a two year gcse course in febuary, just a few months before the exam. you must go to a pretty weird school.
  • Options
    it was an as level, and yes its a shite school, with shite teachers
  • Options
    well, well done you.

who cares what everyone else thinks?
  • Options
    ta kaffrin, tis my view of life, live it for youself and all that
  • Options
    the grade ain't anything. it's the experience of studying for it that matters.

and if you enjoyed it, then that's all that matters.
  • Options
    looking at the new exam results, isnt every school??

if things have gone downhill in this short a period of time, i cant bare to think about what schooling is going to be like when my daughter hits exam age. You cant even trust anyone now-a-days. Not even every playground has supervision at all times when the children are outside - what sort of care is that about? my sister got snatched out of her school playground by a peadophile, and that was 17 and a half years ago. things like that get worse and incidents seem to increase over time. in another 5 years when she's 7 and playing around, how am i going to be anssured that someone si going to be there watching her?

and its not even kabout that, its about the state of exam results nowadays. i know sats are hardly life-threatening exams, but every little counts, and its worrying to think that the case is often that our children are retreating in their knowledge rather than progressing. In general this is of course, obviously not every child's brain degenerates because of poor schooling.
  • Options
    but anyway it took me too long to reply and i see the dicussion has gone in other directions so rather thqan me go off on one to myself because i've had a bad evening, i think i'll retire to bed.
  • Options
    as ive said before, its not a question of why students are failing, but why the system is failing
  • Options
    Originally posted by fucked up duck
    as ive said before, its not a question of why students are failing, but why the system is failing

It makes it all OK once you've got a reliable scapegoat.
  • Options
    Originally posted by z0ma
    It makes it all OK once you've got a reliable scapegoat.
    of course:p
  • Options
    Re: woo
    Originally posted by fucked up duck
    got an e for my as music which i took a year early
    some of you may think thats shit, but i didnt start the course til february, was on half the lessons i shouldve been, go t hardly any help from the teacher ( she said i was gonna fail) and was fucked from the start.so wooooooo
    :D im pleased, dont give an shit what the other ppl who took it think. gd luck to everyone else getting gcse results tomoerrow!!!!

well done!
  • Options
    well done Duck. Like Kaffrin said, as long as you enjoyed the course and got something out of it for yourself that's all that matters :)

it seems like students can't win anymore. results go up and the exams are obviously too easy, they go down and standrads have slipped :rolleyes:
  • Options
    Originally posted by KoolCat
    it seems like students can't win anymore. results go up and the exams are obviously too easy, they go down and standrads have slipped :rolleyes:

man on the news has just said exactly that! :)