Home General Chat
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Aged 16-25? Share your experience of using the discussion boards and receive a £25 voucher! Take part via text-chat, video or phone. Click here to find out more and to take part.
Options

What is the music...?

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
edited January 2023 in General Chat
I just know someone is going to ask this before long.... the music from the Peugeot 206 gti ad where their clothes are all creased is In The House In A Heartbeat by John Murphy from the 28 Days Later OST. Sadly dire film, good soundtrack.
Post edited by JustV on

Comments

• Options
    It's called East Hastings and was by Godspeed You! Black Emperor. I've only got the one album but they're very good to just lie down and listen to. :)
  • Options
    That`s strange... I looked on one of the sites that tells you what the music is in the ads and it said what I said.... I d`led it and it`s the same music. :confused:
  • Options
    OK, well on a review of the OST it said, "It was rumored that Godspeed You Black Emperor! was going to score the film but that honor went to British composer John Murphy; although GYBE!'s music appears in the film and seems to have influenced some of Murphy's pieces, particularly "Rage" and "In the House - In a Heartbeat," which intersperse maelstroms of guitars with bleakly atmospheric passages. "

So I dunno.
  • Options
    Ahh shit, well that just goes to show my half assed knowledge of things! I saw the film and thought the music sounded like Godspeed You Black Emperor! then heard that Danny Boyle has used they're music for it. I guess I must have got my songs mixed up :rolleyes:

Anyway this John Murphy guy sounds pretty good, I must check him out, cheers :D
  • Options
    Originally posted by Tim the Enchanter
    Ahh shit, well that just goes to show my half assed knowledge of things! I saw the film and thought the music sounded like Godspeed You Black Emperor! then heard that Danny Boyle has used they're music for it. I guess I must have got my songs mixed up :rolleyes:

Anyway this John Murphy guy sounds pretty good, I must check him out, cheers :D

Well it sounds as though they`re very simillar so it`s no wonder we got confused.